Author Topic: Blackbeard's Boomers  (Read 390 times)

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Blackbeard's Boomers
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »
A PDF on the armament of Blackbeard's flagship 'The Queen Anne's Revenge', which shipwrecked entering Beaufort Inlet off the North Carolina coast in 1718. This document contains some good pics accompanied by an informative text (I hope "Tropico" is watching).

http://www.qaronline.org/techSeries/QAR-B-09-01.pdf
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Tod0987

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Blackbeard's Boomers
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »
I'm from Eastern NC and have seen some of the relics the recovery team has pulled up... They're amazing to say the least. When I went through they had a freshly preserved cannon under sheet. It was amazing when we pulled them back to take a look. I wish I had taken pictures now. They had shot and other flintlock actions left and right.  Much of it has now been moved to the Maritime Museum in Beaufort for display. If anyone travels to the NC coast, it is worth the trip to the museum.

Bath, the home to Blackbeard is about a 2 hour drive from the museum, the oldest town in NC and has several remaining structures from Blackbeard.

Arrrrr!