Author Topic: We need honesty in Washington..  (Read 590 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
We need honesty in Washington..
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:26:17 AM »
  TRecently a Muslim advocacy group wrote Rep Col Allen West..demanding he cut off relations with any body who doesn't agree with Islam.  He returned a one word answer; quoting Gen Tony MacAuliffe when the Nazis demande his surrender.. he simply said "nuts" !
   Here is a video of a Muslim trying to corner Col West...but you don't corner an old warrior so easily;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9MZx38i6iYs#at=103
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: We need honesty in Washington..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 08:14:10 AM »
Typical liberal blather.    General Patton's quote is better....."A man that eloquent has to be saved."
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:01 AM »
He dosen't mix words , dosen't waffle, dosen't back down and brings real world experince to the table . Whats not to like ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »
There's plenty not to like if you do a little digging.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:53:14 PM »
There's plenty not to like if you do a little digging.
  Dee;
  You mean of course, the duplicitiousness of CAIR and similar outfits..right ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »
He dosen't mix words , dosen't waffle, dosen't back down and brings real world experince to the table . Whats not to like ?

Dude was a LTC, that got kicked out of the army? (oh, I know he retired, but he was toast)
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Hooker

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 05:07:29 PM »
Honesty in Washington it wouldn't work.
A truly honest group of men governing a dishonest majority of people would soon be crucified.
It would be better to have a honest a vigilant people watching over the governing group like a hawk regardless of their honesty.

Alan West looks to be a straight arrow if you review his accomplishment, and record. I can't say whether or not he be a good top dog or not. No matter what most would have us believe there is no real life experience to totally prepare one for that position or gauge their  ability to do it well except the job it's self.
I don't take much from a mans detractors if his record is good especially if those detractors have a dog in the same fight.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Hooker

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »

Dude was a LTC, that got kicked out of the army? (oh, I know he retired, but he was toast)

Let's tell the whole story he was pressured to retire by the panty waist liberal lap dogs for threatening a prisoner in order to save the lives of American troops.Hoooaah LTC West
Careful there YT3 someone will think you work for some bird cage liner producing news agency. ;D

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »
 For those among us who are history & context deprived..here's an explanation of the "nuts" retort;
  http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2011/08/col-allen-west-has-them.html

FYI:   here is the Col Allen West story, first bt Beck..then a counter explanation;
     http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2011/mar/23/glenn-beck/glenn-beck-says-allen-west-modern-day-ronin/

Knowing full well the radical left among us will try to dispute these words, I provide the courts-martial testimony..this provided by the ACLU:
  http://www.aclu.org/files/projects/foiasearch/pdf/DODDOACID000105.pdf

Having served in different units of the combat arms... I can only say, " I wish I had always had commanders of the quality and standards of Col West"..