Author Topic: SB1-F25 Turkey Gun  (Read 915 times)

Offline LilHog

• Trade Count: (0)
SB1-F25 Turkey Gun
« on: August 20, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
I'm getting ready to add one of these to my Handi collection. Anyone have one, and can share your experience with it. Here is a link to the gun itself...
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/89112
In it's description it is saying the stock is wood (camo) and not synthetic, and a full choke. Is this correct?

Offline .Dirty-.30

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
Re: SB1-F25 Turkey Gun
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:54:15 PM »
I have one of the SB1-F12 which is the same but a 12ga model, stock is wood, done in mossy oak breakup and mine is 3.5" chamber with a fiber optic bead and fixed full choke, just shot out a couple squirrels with it just before dark this evening.   .DT

Offline LilHog

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Can you tell me how tight a pattern it shoots with the fixed full choke, and would you change anything about it? I ordered one a few days ago and it will be in tomorrow, mine is a 20 gauge. I'm not a big fan of camo but I'm willing to give it a try. I can always paint the stock a nice olive green... :)

Offline .Dirty-.30

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 07:05:54 AM »
My calipers show the end of the 12ga barrel at .690 constriction. Don't think I ever shot a paper target with it. It was give to me last year and I used it to squirrel hunt with, it done a number on the squirrelys, killed most of 76  in 3 weeks last year with it. My buddy killed a turkey on my place with it the Spring before he gave it to me with 3" ammo at 50 yards or better. Just a good all around shotgun you can use successfully in about any situation. Nothing wrong with the camo in my eyes, seems to set it apart from all the wood stock single shots you see. Hope you enjoy yours and would like to hear a report of it after a few outings from you. Congrats   .DT

Offline LilHog

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »
Well I picked up the gun Friday night, very nice fit and finish. Everything seems to function just fine on it, the barrel locks up nice and tight and everything is straight. Took it apart and cleaned it all up and lubed up the hinge. Took it to the range this morning and put 30 rounds of cheap wally world winchester ammo and 5 winchester slugs through it. Very nice shooting gun and a fairly tight pattern, shoots slugs excellent out to 150 yards. I was just shooting at water jugs and tin cans and bowling pins, it does the job very nice. The camo finish is not for me, already bought the paint. I'm going olive green on the stock and I'm painting it this afternoon. Thanks for the replies Dirty-.30 much appreciated!

Offline .Dirty-.30

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 06:52:02 PM »
Congrats on it, if you do pictures, post us one of your re-do with the olive drab paint. A buddy of mine put the olive drab to a synthetic Knight muzzleloader stock once and i swear it was a major improvment in looks for Knights black synthetic, I should have sent the company a picture.  .DT