Author Topic: Gov. Brownback (REPUBLICAN) refuses to attend KS soldiers' funerals  (Read 846 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Gov. Brownback (REPUBLICAN) refuses to attend KS soldiers' funerals
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 12:17:25 PM »
I agree that he should have attended the funeral.  but why did YOU have to make it political?
you're no better than the governor.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
I didn't make anything political, I just posted the link.
GuzziJohn

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 01:25:45 PM »
Let's see here. Gov. Brownback (REPUBLICAN) refuses to attend KS soldiers' funerals

Gosh! If you didn't intend to politicize it, why on earth did you even mention he was a REPUBLICAN, and why did you do the thread title in lower case letters, and the word REPUBLICAN all in "upper case letters"?

Your right BUGEYE. He politicized the death of a brave U.S. Soldier to strike a blow against the REPUBLICAN PARTY. Shame on him, for disrespecting our troops. :( :( :( :(
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 02:15:26 PM »
I was at CW2 Bryan Nichols' funeral here on 8/19/11. Sam Brownback was not missed. No one I talked to said "Hey, where's the governor?". That day was not about politics or "important" people attending. It was about respect for the fallen and about the family. The Westboro Baptist loons were there, too. None of the family saw or heard them. That was taken care of. They were ignored and isolated.

For Chapman Rackaway, the author of that whiney article, to try to make a political event out of that day is reprehensible. But, he is a liberal PoliSci professor, so it is not unexpected. He should go ask Bryan Nichols' family if they feel cheated because Sam Brownback chose to stay away and not make any part of that day about him, which is exactly what Chapman Rackaway would be accusing Brownback of if he had attended,

Offline Dee

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:23:58 PM »
Shaggy, I agree completely. It's shameful that the writer, and guzzijohn tried to turn the loss into a political point.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »
I doubt guzzi was there, either. If he had been, he might just see things differently. Then again, maybe not.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »
Let's see here. Gov. Brownback (REPUBLICAN) refuses to attend KS soldiers' funerals
Gosh! If you didn't intend to politicize it, why on earth did you even mention he was a REPUBLICAN, and why did you do the thread title in lower case letters, and the word REPUBLICAN all in "upper case letters"?
Your right BUGEYE. He politicized the death of a brave U.S. Soldier to strike a blow against the REPUBLICAN PARTY. Shame on him, for disrespecting our troops. :( :( :( :(

Come now; simply identifying the party affiliation is not politicization, anymore than anymore than identifying the president's wife as a Negress, is an injection of race into politics.

But did a Republican really refuse to go to a soldier's funeral?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 03:22:16 PM »
For crying out loud!.......Guzz posts a URL to a story about the Gov.of Ks. not attending  Military Funerals and right off the bat it turns to a personal spitting show!If you want to comment on it...fine! Just leave the poster out of it.And what does Race have to do with it YT? Keep it on topic or keep out of it!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »
nw_hunter, you know why guzzijohn did it.  post #3 says it all.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Dee

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
I think it's time for me to get off, and stay off this forum. ;)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
Disgusting & Tasteless cheapshot
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
I think it's time for me to get off, and stay off this forum. ;)

That's up to you Dee!

Offline Dee

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 03:42:42 PM »
Sure is. You take yourself way too serious. I'm outta here.

Offline nw_hunter

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
nw_hunter, you know why guzzijohn did it.  post #3 says it all.

He did it by the rules Bugeye. He posed a subject and pasted a URL to the article.
You! on the other hand make it personal, and tell him he's no better than the Gov. (Against the rules)

I don't make the rules.I try to see them followed on this particular forum. You and several others are making the job very difficult.If you have anything else to say on the subject, PM me.

Offline Shu

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 04:46:33 PM »
 Most governors have an established practice of attending soldiers'  funerals in their states. An event that draws the governor out is an important  one, and  the governor's attendance sends a message about the gravity of the  occasion.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/08/28/1991912/brownback-awol-at-military-funerals.html#ixzz1WNTDeNhp
This in not true. I have been to several military funerals lately including my own brother in laws. I have not seen a govenor at a military funeral. I could careless about the R or D after the name but author Chapman Rocway from KS is nothing more than a yellow journalist using lies and untruths to make a politcal agenda.
Funerals are about saying good bye, rendering honor and respect.Chapman Rockway cheapens the love honor and respect due to this man.

Guzzi,
Thanks for pointing out this peice of trash so called journalist to us.

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »
This is an opinion piece Chapman Rackaway put in the Hays Daily News on the day of Bryan Nichols funeral....

Soldier's loss adds perspective This week, I gave a speech to the Fort Hays State University faculty and staff in my role for the coming year as president of our faculty Senate. I'm proud to have been chosen by my fellow faculty members as the president and look forward to the challenges and opportunities involved in leading the Senate.
If you've noticed I'm not contributing columns every week in The Hays Daily News, the Senate leadership is part of the reason I'm cutting back on my columns to every two weeks.

Bigger things
I'm not thinking too much about Senate right now, though. I'm thinking about Bryan Nichols.
I never knew Mr. Nichols, but wish I did. I would have liked to thank him for his service before he was tragically taken from us. I feel like I know a bit about Bryan Nichols from the outpouring of emotion that is felt here in Hays.

Outside view
I am of a generation that never had the draft, and I never served. When I have seen members of our armed services, I always think about if I could possibly find the inner strength to train, to dedicate myself and to accept the sacrifice of my own life that every member of the military must face the possibility of.
Every time, I find myself coming up short. I don't have that strength, and I admire those who do.

The sacrifice
The squabbling of politics that I normally deal with seems inconsequential when compared to the life of Bryan Nichols.
The Facebook memorial group features a picture of Nichols with his young son, and I challenge anyone to look at that picture and not be moved. The sharing of grief and support for the Nichols family has been profound.
We overuse terms like hero, but Bryan Nichols really is a hero.
Chapman Rackaway is an associate professor of political science at Fort Hays State University.
http://www.hdnews.net/Story/Rackaway081811

From the piece....
"The squabbling of politics that I normally deal with seems inconsequential when compared to the life of Bryan Nichols. "

Ten days later he is using Bryan Nichols' funeral to bitch about the Republican governor. I guess the "squabbling of politics " doesn't seem so inconsequential to him now.