Author Topic: before and after wildfire photos  (Read 1091 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
before and after wildfire photos
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:58:49 PM »
Took these after photos today, once the road was finally opened.  Compare them to the before the fire photos from a couple years ago.

Cabin Before

Cabin After

Bridge before

Bridge after

this pic is odd.  the white lines are what remains of a downed tree. ll that remains is white ash where the limbs used to be, with some unburnt leaves all around them

All stands but one are still standing. Note the white looking line heading towards the pond.  It is from deer/hogs walking through the blackened ground to get water.

markc

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: before and after wildfire photos
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:33 PM »
Wow Mark that's not good.

Is this the cabin on the lease nearer to your home? It's clearly not the cabin on your ranch.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:03:10 AM »
Sorry GB, I should have clarified.  Yes this is the local lease 10 miles from my house.  Another interesting thing is in the before pic of the bridge, if you look closely, you will see standing water beneath the bridge.  It has been more than a year since we had enough water/rain to cause water to run under the bridge, much less stand and sit.   

The fire began 6 miles from home and while local fire fighters attacked it from 2 sides, it was able to spread out away from them in 2 directions.  Over 20,000 acres in 3 counties burned.  It is still burning today, 85% contained.  I put out 6 hot spots, some flaming up yesterday using pond water, and then a 30 gallon barrell in back of the Rhino.   

I have decided that firefighting is not my chosen profession.  God bless those firefighters!
markc

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:12:30 AM »
Yeah I've put out and helped to put out some woods fires and that's not a fun job. These days my health wouldn't allow it but even years ago when I still could I'd sure not wanna make a living at it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!