Author Topic: Trivia time...  (Read 503 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Trivia time...
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:08:58 AM »
  Who were the first.."first responders" to the murderous rampage of 9/11/01 ?

...I'll wait for a few posts before answering..unless somebody beats me to it !         

IG
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Trivia time...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:31 AM »
Not exactly sure IG, but I would have to guess civilians, and fireman.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »
  Not many takers I see;
    Some of the very first "first responders" were the heroes of flight #93, over Shanksville, PA !
  These heroes were led primarily by 3 courageous men.. A) a Roman Catholic, B) another a Jew, and finally C) a born-again Christian..

A)  First Tom Burnett, Roman Catholic:  http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=2461

B) Next, Jeremy Glick, a Jew:  http://www.aish.com/jw/s/48883262.html

C) And finally, Todd Beamer, a born-again Christian:   http://www.vop.com/previous_broadcasts/2004/july/04283.htm

When Todd Beamer shouted, "LET'S ROLL".. With these three leading, a courageous group of passengers acted as a modern day Samson, taking down the plane and destroying the present day Philistines with it !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
Guess I never thought of them as first responders, but they most certainly were.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:02 AM »
Guess I never thought of them as first responders, but they most certainly were.
  DDZ;
  It could be called a trick question..but I truly consider them "first responders".

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »
I consider them Americans in the true sense who acted as heros .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
They are indeed heroes, and shall rank among the nation's finest, keeping company with Sgt Alvin C. York, Audie Murphy and many others.

I named York and Murphy, because I'm a Tennessee boy.  I am currently a Tennessee hillbilly enduring exile in the swamps and swelter of Florida.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto