Author Topic: NEF Pardner 20-gauge youth model pump  (Read 958 times)

Offline reliquary

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Pardner 20-gauge youth model pump
« on: September 01, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
Wandering around in a Wal-Mart today, I saw one of these for $159.00.  Hard to pass up a deal like that; heck, the singles were $117.00.  So I bought the pump.  I figured, WTH, I can get it and...if nothing else...store it with a box or two  of ammo and not have a lot invested in it.

I've browsed the forum a little but haven't seen much on this gun.  Anyone have any experience with one that they'd share...good, bad, indifferent...?  Any no-nos with it?

It handles well, functions & fires, seems to be all metal, the stock is a little short for me but is just right for the wife.  I didn't see the Made in China stamp until I got home, but I can live with that. 

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: NEF Pardner 20-gauge youth model pump
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
I have an IAC Hawk 12 ga, which I believe is the same Chinese 870 clone as the H&R/NEF.  Only issue I had was that the shell latches were staked too lightly and had to be re-staked.
http://www.iacshotguns.com/982pump.html
They can often be purchases as low as $200 or so.

Offline ipyrek

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Avid Poster
Re: NEF Pardner 20-gauge youth model pump
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »
Got one last year, hard to beat for the price. Not perfect out of the box, but with a little tweeking its pretty darn good. First thing to do is take the action appart and give it a good cleaning. Clean out all the gunkey grease they put in at the factory. Then take a small file or stone and take some of the rough edges on all moving parts. I personally do not care for all black so I painted the stock with Rust-Oleum multi color textured/Autumn brown.
28ga.mod.,20ga.mod.,20ga.full,20ga.USH, 20ga.PardnerPump,20ga.StoegerSxS,17hmr, 223Superlight, 357mag/Max,Marlin 336/30-30