Author Topic: Godless ?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Godless ?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
  Yep;
  In operating his own, homemade theological seminary..Swampy apparently doesn't accept these:

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?  (John 14:6)

Or this:

King James Bible
  "I and my Father are one".  (John 10:30)

..And how does he deny this ?

King James Bible
  "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works". (John 14:6)

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Shu

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »
OT
Even better when Jesus says " David speaking by the Spirit says -The Lord said to my Lord come sit at my right hand until I put your enemies at your feet"
Now who would David the King of Israel call Lord and my Lord? Here we have a New Testament refernce to Psalms that does proclaim Jesus as the Lord of King David. How can this be?
Simple David being annointed by the Holy Spirit could prophecy and saw what Father God said to Jesus the Son of God had to say. I don't want to muddy the issue by repeating Jesus saying I and my Father are one. That might confuse some one.

Topic: Godless would imply an athiest not beliving in any creator. I find it hard to believe that anyone is actually godless, I have heard the atheists invoke the name of God too many times.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 09:56:56 AM »
  Yep;
  In operating his own, homemade theological seminary..Swampy apparently doesn't accept these:

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?  (John 14:6)

Or this:

King James Bible
  "I and my Father are one".  (John 10:30)

..And how does he deny this ?

King James Bible
  "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works". (John 14:6)

Great quotes proving the trinity doctrine is false and that there's only one God and not three.  Thanks for posting them.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ihookem

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
No doubt trinity is a hard one to explain. I believe in the trinity. Here is why. God is obviously God. He is a jealous God and no one is to worship any god except him. But Jesus was worshiped, and without sin.They dances before him scripture says. At this point Jesus is also God, or he sinned by letting people worship him. I am sure Jesus never sinned. If he did there is no salvation for anyone. The Holy spirit is called the comforter. This tells me there is a trinity.  There is 3 parts to one body like ice, water and steam. Three forms of the same thing. If I am wrong I'm sure God will understand I didn't understand. And yes to one poster. There is a power in the name of JESUS! It can clear a room like a mad gunman. They actually fear that name. I've seen it many times. It makes people crazy mad like no other word. This is why I'm a christian, there is something about that name.

Offline powderman

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
Swampy, You are correct - Muslims do not believe in the Trinity because they do not believe in the true God, they are godless.

RAY. YEP, they certainly are. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
No doubt trinity is a hard one to explain.
That's because Constantine dreamed it up when he was inventing the secular Church in about 325AD.  The early Christian Church never believed in it and they never will.

There is only one God and his name is the Lord Jesus Christ.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »
That's because Constantine dreamed it up when he was inventing the secular Church in about 325AD.  The early Christian Church never believed in it and they never will.

Well finally ! we can agree..one triune God..Father,Son & Holy Spirit..

Nuslims seem to have a problem grasping that concept..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 03:22:09 PM »
The triune thing goes all the way back to Babylon, but isn't really connected to Christian beliefs.

At least the Muslims and Jews know there's only one God.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »

No way Constantine made it up. He appointed a panel of so called experts to organize a Christian religion for his empire. They chose the books for the Bible and made a creed. Unfortunately they were humans and made mistakes.

I agree there is only one God and Jesus is his name.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »
He appointed a panel that held the same views that he did.  The entire thing was a mistake.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:47 AM »
  Hmmm. Was the mistake God's will like everything else?
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »
Yes, it was to deceive the non-elect.  It was very effective.

Matthew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

The elect cannot be deceived.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 04:57:31 AM »
Yes, it was to decieve the non-elect.  It was very effective.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   " Oh what a tangled web we weave........."  (Sir Walter Scott)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2011, 05:44:26 AM »
Trinity is a term by man to describe God.  We serve one God in three forms.  We are created in the immage of God.  We have a body of flesh (like Jesus).  We have a soul (intellegence that animals don't have) like God the Father.  We have an eternal spirit (like the Holy Spirit) that will cause us to live forever, one place or another.  We are one, but have three forms ourselves.  We as Christians believe the in one God, the Trinity.  Swampy has a problem seeing in three dimensions.  Just like predistination AND our free will being on the same coin, different sides.  Trinity is the same.  We believe in ONE GOD in three forms.  Holy Spirit is with us today.  Jesus is in Heaven with/as part of the Father.  God is light, and we can't actually see light, but see what it shows.  Jesus is what God shows us.  Holy Spirit is like the wind, or air, yet He is with the Christians, always near.  Hope this helps.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 05:49:47 AM »
Yes, it was to decieve the non-elect.  It was very effective.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   " Oh what a tangled web we weave........."  (Sir Walter Scott)

Matthew 13:10-15........Jesus Christ

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2011, 05:51:49 AM »
Trinity is a term by man to describe God.  We serve one God in three forms.

I've heard all this fluff before.....One God in 3 offices might be close to right.  3 forms or beings is polytheism.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
Three offices, forms, it is hard to comprehend God because He is eternal, everywhere, He transcends time, space.  Most Christians can comprehend the Godhead, Trinity.  I like the word Triunity.  Three manifestations.  Today we are supposed to do everything in the name of Jesus, like prayer, etc.  That is why using Jesus' name in public sometimes causes a stir.  Satan doesn't like us to fight him in the name of Jesus. 

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
As long as someone doesn't understand the Godhead, Satan doesn't really care what else they believe.  Godhead is very easy to understand, there's only one God.

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2011, 09:36:39 PM »
  Genesis 2:24
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Swampman how can God call a man and wife one, when every man can see two? What does God mean by one?

Genesis 3:22
And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Who was God talking about when He said the man has now become like one of us? Who is us?

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:34 AM »
Lost...

Just a stab into the dark.... perhaps there were Angels present and they certainly are knowledgeable.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.