Author Topic: Loads of talent needs to be used.  (Read 286 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Loads of talent needs to be used.
« on: September 15, 2011, 06:08:08 AM »
Was watching the debate and came away with the view there is loads of talent and ability standing there on that stage.  If one of them is elected President, they sure could use some of the talent standing there on the stage.  Case in point, Herman Caine.  While he won't be elected, he's just not political enough, he has some really good ideas.  He is totally correct about the EPA.  Obama is using it as a weapon against the economy, and industry, in this country.  Give him the job of re-writing the regulations and polocies of the agencies that are standing in the way of business and industry in this country.   
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Loads of talent needs to be used.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 06:18:22 AM »
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:20:18 AM »
it gripes me to see republicans going at each other instead of obama.  if they would be civil to each other maybe most of them could be in a republican administration.  for instance, Newt would be a great advisor and as sour suggested, Cain would be perfect for EPA. Bachmann in HHS and Paul as economic advisor.
but they end up hating each other and a lot of talent is wasted.

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 08:07:14 AM »
I agree. It seems the moderators try to bait them into bringing out each others faults rather than focusing on fixing the countries problems. No doubt the negative comments will also be used as soundbites in the general election.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 09:03:29 AM »
And this coming from a flag waving son of the south Texan,,,,,,, Rick Perry would make a good driver for the president! ::) ::) ::)

I knew and worked with Perry when he was a young Captain flying C-130s out of Dyess AFB, TX.  He ws a nice enough individual, but like Obama, he always displayed an aloof manner that was offensive to most. In my opinion he has done little for Texas and would do little for the nation if elected prez.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
rockbilly:  My brother lives in DeSoto, (near Dallas) He is not too fond of Perry.  He claims his time in office has not been that good, and Perry has not really done anything to help Texas. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.