Author Topic: I am the 53%  (Read 552 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
I am the 53%
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:00:11 PM »
Hope the link works.....

http://the53.tumblr.com/
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: I am the 53%
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »
True Americans all.  Working hard to better yourself never killed anybody. 
I'm also part of the 53%.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
I'm in the 53%.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
I have no idea what percent I'm in and don't much care.  All I know is I paid my dues and I'm enjoying my retirement.  And my wife is doing her best to spend our nest eggs.  Just kidding--sort of.
Swingem

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 06:49:15 AM »
That's pretty good , Mechanic.   Now, if all the hedge fund operators in the world dried up and blew away would the world cease to exist and stop running.?  How about if all the mechanics in the world didn't report to work for 6 weeks...?

..TM7

Lets see, if all the worlds mechanics didn't report to work for 6 weeks--Well, air travel would grind to a halt, stranding millions of people, putting a stop to most fed ex and ups / usps deliveries, adversely effecting many businesses.  Interstate trucking, and rail service would be severely curtailed, meaning drastic cuts in availability of food and other retail goods, causing severe economic and hunger problems for many.   Any business / public service would be negatively effected, causing big drops in the stock market, where many have 401K based retirement savings....And I could go on, but.....  I think the answer is pretty obvious, just not sure of the question?

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
That's pretty good , Mechanic.   Now, if all the hedge fund operators in the world dried up and blew away would the world cease to exist and stop running.?  How about if all the mechanics in the world didn't report to work for 6 weeks...?

..TM7
  first I'm in the 53%. second i think the point here is get a job. the world doesn't owe you a living. and third  tm7 whats your point/

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 09:44:54 AM »

..TM7

Lets see, if all the worlds mechanics didn't report to work for 6 weeks--Well, air travel would grind to a halt, stranding millions of people, putting a stop to most fed ex and ups / usps deliveries, adversely effecting many businesses.  Interstate trucking, and rail service would be severely curtailed, meaning drastic cuts in availability of food and other retail goods, causing severe economic and hunger problems for many.   Any business / public service would be negatively effected, causing big drops in the stock market, where many have 401K based retirement savings....And I could go on, but.....  I think the answer is pretty obvious, just not sure of the question?

Larry

You got it Larry; now go with it....!.!... 8) ..TM7

If Big oil quit producing for 6 weeks EVERYTHING would grind to a halt. So what is the point they are part of the 53%. What would happen if say all the welfare recipients went on strike for 6 weeks, hmm who would notice. They are not part of the 53%. These mechanics you speak of are also part of the 53%. Kinda like Atlas shrugged aint it!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.