Author Topic: Sign in window of store in Houston Tx  (Read 580 times)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Sign in window of store in Houston Tx
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »
Just received this as an email from a friend of mine.  He advised it was hanging in a store window in the Harwin Central Mall in Houston TX.  Does anyone in the Houston Tx., area know if this is for real?

The "Iman Ali" was supposedly one of the terrorist that flew the hijacked airliners into the WTC.  Please note the sign is dated "2009" not this year.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Sign in window of store in Houston Tx
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:51:57 PM »
It would be interesting if that store was still in business.
I know if I lived in Huston I would drive 50 miles not to shop there.

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 08:03:55 PM »
Ali was an early Caliph, son in law of Mohammed.  I think that rules him out as one of the sociopathic, mohammedean thugs that participated in mass murder.

His death is commemorated on the 21st day of Ramadan.  It just so happened that that day happened to fall on the 11th of Sept. this year.  In principal commemorating that day is no different than commemorating the martyrdom of any Christian saint. 

People, PLEASE, take the three minutes to research things, especially polemic mass emails, before you pass them on.  Let us not give the enemy any munitions that can be used against us. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Urt

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »
My office was two blocks from this store.  Very familiar with the story. Had nothing o do with 9/11.  Just an announcement for another holiday. But the rumored story went viral. And it pretty much destroyed the business.  The local media outlets covered it in detail.

This area of Houston is known as a lil India. But in truth was a area of many cultures minding their own business, trying to make a living to support their families.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »

My office was two blocks from this store.  Very familiar with the story. Had nothing o do with 9/11.  Just an announcement for another holiday. But the rumored story went viral. And it pretty much destroyed the business. 

This sucks. Let's hope some fair-minded people buy from him, if he has what they need.
[/size]
But in truth was a area of many cultures minding their own business, trying to make a living to support their families.
Here's hoping the man's business recovers from the damage done by nativists, bigots, and xenophobes.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 06:11:03 AM »
It is unfortunate that nobody thought to point out to the store owner how that sign could be interpreted.
Putting a year of his death or identifying which Ali would have prevented this.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 06:23:55 AM »
scatterbrain makes a point. I think the store owner mistakenly figured that people would actually think, and maybe inquire, rather than reflexively assume when they don't have a clue. Oh well.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Urt

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »
This area is made up of hundreds of small retail shops and generally is ethically middle eastern /Asian so why would it even enter the owners mind, I know I wouldn't have.

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Hopefully he will get to restart his business elsewhere, and hide from imam Obama.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto