Author Topic: Cut Bank Cannon Convention, II August 20-21 2011 in Montana  (Read 23339 times)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
Re: Cut Bank Cannon Convention, II August 20-21 2011 in Montana
« Reply #360 on: September 11, 2011, 05:57:36 PM »
Douglas , You told me a Canadian made the repos for you . Who was he and how much he charged ?

Gary
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2011, 05:39:02 AM »
Douglas , You told me a Canadian made the repos for you . Who was he and how much he charged ?

Gary

I will PM you with details.

Offline Asron87

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »
Todays the first time I've been on a computer since my laptop broke... South Dakota huh? I'll have to remember that in two years :D

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »
After taking Fort  Pallet down and cleaning up after it, I think I know the secret to its destruction...just look to Fort Pulaski for the answer.  Even my puny little one inch gun was causing damage that could have breached it.  It just would have taken longer.  Sure the bowling balls  did some heavy damage, but only when they hit...On the other hand the cannons did damage every shot.

We will have two forts next time one on Saturday for  under one inch and golf ball mortars, and Sunday Fort Pallet for everything else.

And just in case anyone is thinking along this line, bowling ball cannons, will not be allowed on our current range.  If we have the new butts made in 2013 we may reconsider that then.  For now, I can just see a bowling ball rolling down the range and up and over the berms to tear down our fence....As it was there was $1000 worth of poly pipe the club just bought for our field drain laying behind the berm, that we were lucky to not hit with  one of those overage shots we had.