Author Topic: New Obamanation idea...  (Read 735 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
New Obamanation idea...
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:55:24 AM »
    We know liberals have a natural antipathy against the military, even though they can only exist under protection of our military...
   Still; the radical left wants to cheat our retired military out of their earned retirement:
      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/us/retiree-benefits-for-the-military-could-face-cuts.html?_r=1&hp
   Curiously, no mention made of retirement cutbacks for congress or the hundreds of thousands of other federal retirees.  No mention of cutbacks on the congressional or presidential "golden parachute" retirement and bennies including a gold-plated medical plan.
  Wouldn't one figure that if Obama care was such a great deal...all these federal parasites would be clamoring to get in on it !

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: New Obamanation idea...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:04:52 AM »
    We know liberals have a natural antipathy against the military, even though they can only exist under protection of our military...
   Still; the radical left wants to cheat our retired military out of their earned retirement:
      http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/us/retiree-benefits-for-the-military-could-face-cuts.html?_r=1&hp
   Curiously, no mention made of retirement cutbacks for congress or the hundreds of other federal retirees.  No mention of cutbacks on the congressional or presidential "golden parachute" retirement and bennies including a gold-plated medical plan.
  Wouldn't one figure that if Obama care was such a great deal...all these federal parasites would be clamoring to get in on it !
Typical liberal mental processes, "let the poor folk die to protect us.  We're too educated to risk our lives, to protect anyone".  That's what Clinton said or words to that effect.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 07:27:55 AM »
Sometimes the look shows it all...  a comparison in personalities..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »
Gee IG....you're taking to citing the NYTimes now... 8)   But from your article I didn't get that this mil pension reform is coming from BHO admin because your article said:

By far the most contentious proposal circulating in Washington is from a Pentagon advisory panel, the Defense Business Board. It would make the military pension system, a defined benefit plan, more like a 401(k) plan under which the Pentagon would make contributions to a service member’s individual account; contributions by the troops themselves would be optional. Mr. Panetta has said that if adopted, the plan would not apply to current military personnel.

Anyway, as you know and oft say, we got to fight socializm any and all ways we can....so privatizing the mil pension and vet med programs will be good for them....that way they can enjoy the benefits we in the private sector all have... :D ;) :D

..TM7
   TM;
   Even the NY Times is getting sick of the Obamanation & lies..
   ....And yes, the idea is being put forth by the Obamanites...they have their toadies start the ball rolling, to take the fall if necessary..but the Obama admin is behind it...pushing..
  He got rhat gang of 12 which he wanted...so the 12 could do what over 500 were elected to do.  Among the things they are to deal with are billions of $$ in cuts & spending.  If the committee doesn't act..the crooked rules go through.....  That way, the committe sits on it's duff, doesn't pass a thing, and everything Obammy wants, goes through ! 
  Lately we hear Obammy talking about ripping off veterans, Medicare payers and others...but we haven't heard a thing about curtailing welfare bennies !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 05:53:56 AM »
IG...sounds like a conspiracy theory.. ::) ..BHO is using gang of 12 Repubniks-TPers to do his bidding, you're saying...n'est pas..? Or is it the other way around..(I've said BHO was the best stealth GOPer/neocon they ever snuk into office.) But ending medicare, SS, socialized Vet programs, etc.....how does that fit into your BHO socialization theories.?

Anyway,,,think Hillary will switch parties and run as a GOPer--at last minute....?.... ::) ;D

..TM7
   I don't doubt for a moment there is a "conspiracy" going on...after all..politics and politicians ARE living examples of a conspiracy..Check out Chicago for the last 70 years.. ;)   ;D
   As far as ending SS, medicare and veteran's programs..I believe he's "just talking"... another one of his efforts to play his "class warfare" games..
  Again; no mention of cutting his own or congress' bennies.  Shucks; wouldn't want to give the taxpayers any ideas...

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:38 AM »
I object to the manner of referring to military retirement benefits as a "social welfare program". That lumps military retirement into the same basket as any welfare handout. Military retirement is no hand-out. A young person enters the military with certain promises made, retirement and health care are part of the package offered, and it is certainly not an extravagant package compared to a typical union factory worker's benefit package, nor a civilian government employee's benefits, not to even mention members of congress.
 But the point is "a deal is a deal". The service man or woman has fulfilled their part of the deal, if there is to be any faith in government it must live up to it's own bargain. If they want to negotiate a new contract for new people just joining the military they can certainly try that and see how it works but for those already serving or having served you can't change the contract after the service has been rendered.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »
IG...well it looks like the Paul Ryan and Boehner acolytes that are conditioning the playing field, under austerity psychology, to undo SS and medicare....and let older aged or retired fend for themselves on the private market....some Dems are speaking up against this....don't know how you figure BHO fits into this skirmish.

TM7
I'm amazed at how ignorant people are about the plan to privatize SS.  no old people would lose a thing. kids just starting would become millionaires at retirement.
liberals will scream anything to continue BIG government.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 08:29:16 AM »
I object to the manner of referring to military retirement benefits as a "social welfare program". That lumps military retirement into the same basket as any welfare handout. Military retirement is no hand-out.

COYOTEJOE. Agreed Sir.Few, really not any, union retirees have ever been asked to lay their lives on the line like our military do.  POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 08:14:15 PM »
TM7,

Your statement regarding SS is inaccurate.  Paul Ryan, Speaker Boehner, and the GOP simply want to reform SS to keep it solvent (something the libs and Demoncraps have not done).   My generation will not know SS as it is now, if it is even still an available program.

Your friend Obummer is the one the that said he could not guarantee SS checks would go out.   Oh, wait a sec........the GOP-controlled House of Reps passed 3 different bills that funded the military, SS, Mcare and Mcaid and the Demoncraps in the Senate refused to consider the bill, because it makes them political hay.  They say, "It did not make it through the Senate.......it is the evil Republicans preventing you from receiving your benefits."

Military retirement is no handout..........it is the product of blood, sweat, and tears,  something the welfare parasites could never understand.  If we cut benefits, let's cut the welfare program called TANF.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
  Military retirement is no handout, such as the regular welfare system is.  The military earns their retirement by blood, sweat and tears..as Swamp Thing said. It is also a job of often being cold, wet and hungry....and that in addition to seperation from families and facing an enemy who wishes to kill them. You cannot equate it with any other job..
   Think; unionized cops and firemen have a very similar retirement plan...we don't hear Democrats hounding them to take a cut in bennies.. 
   Do you even for a moment, wonder why ?

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »
IG, well said, Sir.  I salute you.

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »
IG, well said, Sir.  I salute you.

ST762

YEP, me too. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm