Author Topic: Been here illegally 19 years, boot her out. WAAAAAHHHHH.  (Read 1612 times)

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
Re: Been here illegally 19 years, boot her out. WAAAAAHHHHH.
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2011, 06:38:27 AM »
Unless my comprehension is lacking on this I understood that the young woman wasn't aware of here illegal status until she applied for the college.  I sit( ;) ) to be corrected on my comprehension.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2011, 08:30:02 AM »
I am not saying make a special exception in her case. How about sending her case to the back of the line to give her time to get her affairs in order. You cant tell me that there arent any parasitic felonious illegals who's deportation cases are in line behind her that should get the boot first? Unless I missed something and this girl is public enemy number 1 getting drunk and driving and running people down in crosswalks when she isnt at college.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2011, 11:11:44 AM »
Unless my comprehension is lacking on this I understood that the young woman wasn't aware of here illegal status until she applied for the college.  I sit( ;) ) to be corrected on my comprehension.

In my first post I mainly blamed the politicians and the public, (at large), for the illegal alien problems America has. And that is true. That is how it started and why it continues. Not enforcing the laws!

In cases like this one, where the child 'appears' to be a victim and could get a really raw deal here if the law is upheld, it is solely the fault of the parents and those responsible for putting her in this position. Those who knew they were breaking the law from the start. I do feel, to some extent, that the girl has been victimized because she was put in the position of being on the wrong side of the law through no fault of her own. I don't blame people that support the laws of the land for her plight, like the liberals do. I blame her parents and those who supported their illegal activities. They knew all along that the law was hanging over their head all these years. Thats where her problems stem from and the fact that they did not consider the consequences of their illegal actions. That is the root cause of these kids problems! Not, (as Rick Perry said), heartless people! People like Perry are the ones who caused the problem in the first place buy not upholding the law, and now want to make things worse by giving concessions. Is that compassionate or just playing to a voter block in his state? Maybe both?

As heartbreaking as these stories can be, it's not the fault of law abiding citizens of this country for anchor babies and children brought here illegally. It is, first, the law makers and enforcers at the top and secondly, the law breakers themselves for the plight of the children they are responsible for.

Simple cause and effect. Consequences of ones actions. In this case, illegal actions that have come back to bite them. Just like anyone else. And unfortunetly, the kids are caught in the middle.

I don't pretend to have a perfect answer to this problem. It's too big. But at least I know where the blame lies!
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
Its just been reported that Nadia Habib and her mother Nazmin Habib were granted a temporary reprieve Thursday (9/29/11) as immigration officials postponed a final decision on their case, which allows them to stay in the US for now.  It also stated that Nadia had known she was an illegal immigrant since she was a teenager.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
Hard to see how Nadia could not have known her and her family were not legal.
There had to be precautions taken on their part to not get caught her whole life.
Secrets to keep quiet from others, identification and all.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »

No correction needed.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2011, 05:46:17 PM »
"None of my friends actually knew that I was undocumented. It was never a big issue," said Nadia Habib. "They just saw me as equal to them, so they're just like, 'Wow, you never told me.' It's coming to them out of nowhere. They're really shocked, they're really upset." 

The proceedings began 11 years ago, when the Habib family was in court for a hearing to establish permanent residency. Her mother was sick the night before and failed to show up at the hearing. A Judge ordered the mother and daughter deported in absentia.
 Since then, the case has wound through the system.
http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/148046/college-student-from-queens-faces-near-certain-deportation?r=5371000615

Evidently Nadia has known since she was 9yrs old, at least. And was secretive about it.
Guess it's possible that she applied for college at 8yrs old, maybe. 
Not that I'm coming down on her for that. It's still her parents fault. And unless I see some more info to the contrary, I have to assume that for the time period from when she was 20mos old till she was 9yrs old, there was nothing done to become legal immigrants by her mother.
Still a sad story, brought on buy breaking the law.

Offline powderman

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »
People like Perry are the ones who caused the problem in the first place buy not upholding the law, and now want to make things worse by giving concessions.

YEP. No way she didn't know she was breaking the law, she knew and did nothing to correct it, neither did her parents. Bye bye. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2011, 04:44:20 AM »
What benefit will accrue to the people of the United States, by deporting a girl who grew up here, who identifies as an American, all her friends are American, she speaks English, doesn't even know the language of the land her parents are from?

And on individual opinions offered, I notice most don't jive with Matthew 7:12.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2011, 07:03:30 AM »
So the young woman was aware of her illegal presence for some time. That changes the situation slightly. IMO "slightly" only because as a teen she wasn't in the position to rectify this to the best of my knowledge.

I'm relieved not to be responsible to adjudicate this case. :)
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 07:38:01 AM »
So the young woman was aware of her illegal presence for some time. That changes the situation slightly. IMO "slightly" only because as a teen she wasn't in the position to rectify this to the best of my knowledge.

I'm relieved not to be responsible to adjudicate this case. :)

Me too!!