Author Topic: Open carry NOW ILLEGAL in CA - thanks to Brady Gang, LEO, & Gov Moonbeam  (Read 383 times)

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
No one was killed, no one was shot, no laws were broken... but law enforcement was irritated, gun-grabbers were motivated, and Gov Moonbeam cooperated in this law aimed directly at law-abiding citizens.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/10/10/general-us-california-gun-ban_8727060.html

"I listened to the police chiefs and they were concerned about" open carry laws, Gov. Brown told The Associated Press.

Now it'll be real easy for LEO: gun possession equals criminal. Nice & simple.

Top California law enforcement groups, including the California Police Chiefs Association and the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, supported the legislation.

"By prohibiting the open carry of guns, we can now take our families to the park or out to eat without the worry of getting shot by some untrained, unscreened, self-appointed vigilante," Dallas Stout, president of the California chapters of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said in a statement.

LEO in bed with the gun-grabbers... I'm not a bit surprised, but it still sucks.

All that said... I'm not a great fan of open carry, but when you can't get a permit unless you've sucked up to the local sheriff - maybe given some campaign cash? - then it oughta be allowed.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Shu

Re: Open carry NOW ILLEGAL in CA - thanks to Brady Gang, LEO, & Gov Moonbeam
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
YT3,
Alot of Cali police chiefs are anti gun becuase they hold politcal type offices and think it is politically correct. 
I haven't seen anyone carrying openly in years, so why does the idiot govenor think it's a problem?
In my opinion there is a real problem when the government does not trust the people.

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
This anti-civil rights legislation may be a blessing in disguise.  One thing that the powerful and well financed anti-civil rights lobby has argued to keep CA from becoming a shall issue state, as most of the states are, is that you can, or could, open carry (even if unloaded).  With so many counties being effectively 'no issue' this ban makes those areas de facto no carry.

We may now have something to force CA to become a shall issue state, with the power to pick and choose taken out of the hands of the local political Sheriffs. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
Open Carry may have been legal on paper in California but I doubt you would have got away with doing it in before this ban.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
open carrying a handgun unloaded is asking for trouble-what dope would do it. Commiefornia bans many handguns for the  oddest of reasons. Guns go onthe list guns go off of the list.

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:36:25 AM »
Main Street California is not the Old West, and you don't need a gun to buy a cheeseburger," Portantino said.

What a dumba@#! he must have never tried to go for a chesseburger in LA!! boy are they trying everything to get our guns or what. Like the man said MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:14:38 AM »
On the other hand, my state allows open carry, but I rarely do except out in the dingles.  I haven't been to California for awhile, but I doubt that there were many folks moseying around with a big iron on their hips.  Gee, I wonder if it is legal to carry an exposed sword in the Golden State.
Swingem