Author Topic: Accu-Tek  (Read 1998 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Accu-Tek
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:53:17 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with the Accu-Tek HC 380?  My granddaughter asked about it, I have not seen one that I recall and know nothing about them.  She is living on a limited budget as a college student and can’t afford to pay a bundle for a gun.  I thought about letting her have my Sig 232 but if the Accr-Tek has a good reputation I might just buy that for her.  I know what ever she gets won’t be shot much; it will just serve as something to make her feel more comfortable in her apt and while driving to and from school on week-ends and holidays.

Offline Savage

Re: Accu-Tek
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
I'm not familiar with Accr-Tec firearms, so can't help you there. There are an abundance of  affordable .380s  on the market that would serve her needs. Kel Tec, Ruger, and Bersa come to mind. They are all .380s in the $200 range new. The Ruger perhaps a little more. Either of them would be a better option than maybe never seeing your 232 again. Lots of used 9mm pistols available as well at bargain prices. The larger size wouldn't be an issue for a house/car gun, and the caliber is a bit more effective.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline V-W man

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »
I have two AT380s. No problems with eather one. :)  V-W man

Offline LocnLod

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
Have you considered a used S&W K Frame revolver?  Police trade ins are in the same price range and you can often find police trade ins with 2" barrels if CCW is a consideration.  Easier to use and more effective ammunition than a small .380. 

If she's on a budget, will she be able to spend enough money practicing with her semi-automatic to verify it's reliability and know how to correct malfunctions reflexively? 

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:33:16 AM »
Thanks for the info.

I have a safe full of hanguns that I would/could give her but for some reason she is sold on the Accu-Tec.  I think she has been brain-washed by a friend at school who "THINKS" he knows all there is to know about guns.  I just want to get her something simple to operate and reliable, something she can handle for cleaning. loading. unloading, etc.  I think a little model 60 Smiith would be the ticket but she doesn't like it.

Darn women, they look at a gun like buying a dress, it it's not just right they don't want it. ::)

Offline Savage

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
Don't know your grand daughter's experience level, but it's a single action, and appears  to be a blow back operated pistol. It also has a slide mounted safety that must be pushed up to fire. Just backwards of how the safety works on most pistols.  I'd be a little concerned with the single action and the reverse safety if she's not pretty proficient with handguns. The gun looks a lot like the Bersas and Walthers which being double action, might be a better choice.
Savage

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »
Problem solved.  She is the soon to be owner of a new Kel-Tec PF-9.  I took her out and let her fire mine, she liked it.  Only problem now she wants the CT laser off mine.  I told her she would have to save her pennys and get her own. ::)   I might pitch-in and help.

Offline Savage

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
 I might pitch-in and help.

Of course! I also have a PF9, excellent choice!

Savage

Offline marine

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:30:15 AM »
  I know its late and the decision is made but this is to anyone who buys an ACCU-TEK in the future or considers one.  I took a ccw course a month ago and a guy also taking the course had one for the shooting test.  It had constant failures to fire.  The cause turned out to be light primer strikes.  this was with a .380.  the gun was cleaned prior to the shooting and was recently purchased just for ccw.  the man ended up finishing the course with a S&W 380 bodyguard that belonged to one of the women at the class.  just a little info on an experience.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 12:12:06 PM »
I'll bet a gold dollar against an empty rain barrel that ol hard nose Rockbilly has supplied the laser by now.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 02:50:13 AM »
Funny, I was thing the same exact thing William  ;D

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:23:55 AM »
Soft...yer all soft I tell ya.....er....sorry....what was that dear???  uh-ok......

Grandparents!  ;)
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »
William you better hang on to that gold dollar a while longer. The Granddaughter goes to school at Tech (thats Texas Tech for those that don't know) school and two part time jobs keep her awful busy so she hasn't been by to see us since she got her gun, she doesn't have the laser YET!! ;)

I'm waiting to see what she has to say when we see her again.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »
Well, there are plenty of empty rain barrels these days.
I know that if she asked you would trip all over yourownself to supply.
I have grandaughters also----I am the biggest sucker.
Blessings
Bill
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 08:14:49 AM »
You are right.  We have six grandkids but this one is kinnda special.  You might say we raised her, her mother went back to school after she was born to complete her nursing degree and started on her masters, we kept her for almost four years except week-ends when her mother could take her. 

Yes she is kinnda special and can get most anything she wants from grandad.  I remember one night her slipping in bed with us and telling me she wanted a donut, I got up at midnight, got dressed and drove to town to Walmart (the only place open at that hour) to get her a donut.  When I got home she was at the table with Grandma sipping hot co-co, she took one bite of the donut then went back to bed. 

I will probably get her a laser. ::)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
Don't make you a bad person.
The liitle tyke is to be admired for working for her degree---it will serve her well in days to come.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD