Author Topic: Anything new from H&R for 2012???  (Read 1350 times)

Offline eskimo36

• Trade Count: (156)
    • Adventure Rider
Anything new from H&R for 2012???
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
Is anything new coming from H&R at the SHOT Show this year?
"one shot is usually enough"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Anything new from H&R for 2012???
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
H&R has a booth, not very encouraging that they still show the Gardner address!  ::)

Tim

http://shot12.mapyourshow.com/5_0/exhibitor_details.cfm?exhid=346581
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
I am waiting for confirmation of that 300AAC model as my surrogate 32/20. At least, will we be able to come here next week and get the "official" scoop ? I know they cannot leak everything, have to have some goodies to unveil, but I sure hope they have something. Barring that, it looks like I will look for another 357 barrel and a Herrett reamer.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline THSkeer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:51:03 PM »
My info is they will be available in March.  I already asked my local class 3 dealer, who stocks AAC gear, to order one for me!

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »
I am waiting for confirmation of that 300AAC model as my surrogate 32/20. At least, will we be able to come here next week and get the "official" scoop ? I know they cannot leak everything, have to have some goodies to unveil, but I sure hope they have something. Barring that, it looks like I will look for another 357 barrel and a Herrett reamer.

I noticed they featured that gun on the Shooting Gallery TV program last week.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »
They had better come up with something pretty interesting, because my Cabelas fishing catalog just came in. I get to take some vacation time in April and I will be setting on a pier in Panama City or Pensacola, or surf fishing. I need all new line since I have not had an opportunity for about 4 years now, so there goes a couple hundred bucks to upgrade. I cast a bunch of 45/70 & 500 bullets over the weekend, so I snuck a bunch of 3,4,5,ounce surf sinkers in while I was at it. My disposable income is about to be disposed of for awhile ::) My wife bless her, already is all in on the rifle in March, because it may be the only time to pick one up, they may not make another run. BUT, if they do not get with it, I will have to put it on plastic for a few months because I will go to Cabelas in KC the last weekend in January, and that will be it for the rest of the year. I wont get too nervous because when TEOTWAWKI hits in December, that will take care of the credit card issues. And if it does not The End Of My Job As I Know It will, as I will retire sometime in 2013  :o ::) 8) So many fish, bullets, and golf balls, so little time! C'mon H&R, get with it.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Fred McIntire

• Trade Count: (31)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.FredMcIntire.Com
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
I'm anxiously awaiting to see if the Handi does come out in the .300 AAC Blackout.   :)

I just got my new .300 AAC Blackout dies in today. Since I'm sitting on several thousand once fired Lake City 5.56 cases, I decided to run down to the reloading room, aka the basement, and convert some Lake City 5.56 brass into .300 AAC Blackout brass.

Eureka ! I couldn't ask for nicer .300 AAC Blackout brass.  :D

Offline lee1954

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »
Where  would we order the 300 AAC from   -- Cabelas ?   Dan

Offline eskimo36

• Trade Count: (156)
    • Adventure Rider
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:27 AM »
If that is the only new gun they bring out in 2012, I call it a win.  I have an MGM  Encore and a S&W AR in that 300 already and I look forward to a handi in it.  For a reloader in the handi it will be very versatile.  I hope it is a 1-8" twist.  Come to think of it, a 30-30 with a 1-8" would be just as good.  I like shooting those big sleek 220 bullets sub sonic.
"one shot is usually enough"