Author Topic: Nikon Omega 1.65-5x36 Riflescope BDC 250 Reticle RealTree APG Camo $99  (Read 996 times)

Offline revbc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (94)
    • NewLife Worship Center
Have never owned a nikon, love my Redfield Rev. 2-7x32, and Weaver Classic v7 on Handi rifles.  Gonna give this one a try, any comments?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=NK8443&src=tpSlrHm
Pastor, NewLife Worship Center
(Retired) Automotive Technology Instructor, West Feliciana High School
Avid Shooter, Hunter, Fisherman and owner of Handi Rifles

Offline bman940

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Nikon Omega 1.65-5x36 Riflescope BDC 250 Reticle RealTree APG Camo $99
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »
Rev., I think you will be a convert after dialing this scope in using Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. Go to Nikonhunting.com, click Spot On logo, register,it's all FREE. Enter all your shooting data and it'll give you the shooting distances for each BDC circle related to your shooting stlye. I have put 3 shots on a 10 inch pie plate ( 4 in group off hand) at 250 yards using my T/C and Nikon Omega 3-9 BDC 300 Scope. I was pretty impressed. Try it out and let me know what you think.
Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:46:38 AM »
Anyone else have any experience with one of these?I would like to know what other scopes the glass is comparable to such as Bushnell 3200, Leupy VXl, or others. Sure looks tempting..............

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
I just ordered one in black from Cabellas for .99 cents more.  I am familiar with Nikon products, since I have a couple (Pro-staff, & Monarch) and I think they're really good quality scopes. 

My question is does anybody know if they will work for a regular rifle?  I think they will they take the pounding.  I was thinking about putting one on a 45-70 Handi.  Since the eye relief is 5", I feel that it could be mounted far away enough to prevent a case of "scope brow", also your thoughts on using the BDC circles, since the trajectory would be different.

"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 01:20:39 AM »
I believe the glass in them is suppose to be the same as used in the buckmasters so it should be comparable to a vx2 or 3200. Probably not any better then that though.
blue lives matter

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 09:36:53 AM »
So how are you guys that bought the Omegas liking them so far? Any complaints or observations good or bad? I'm all ears.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »
Sorry, I can't give you any sort of a report.  I received the scope last week, and didn't even get a chance to mount it yet.  I've been bow hunting the last week.  Will try to get it mounted and to the range by next week hopefully.  I think revbc used his already.  Drop him a line.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.