Author Topic: Something we can all put aside politics for...  (Read 385 times)

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Something we can all put aside politics for...
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »
Today is 11/11/2011.  Veteren's Day.  Please join me in putting aside our politics for a moment and give thanks to all U.S. Soldiers. 

If you are a veteren feel free to put your dates of service, military branch, and what you did in the service so we can better know and thank our Vets.  Also I think it would be really neat if you were able to post a picture of yourself when you were in the Service.

Thank you for serving our country and protecting freedom. 

I'd like to recognize my Father, who was a welder in the Army during Vietnam and the Israeli Six Day War.  While he luckily didn't have to go overseas to fight, he says he spent a number of days sitting on the edge of his bunk with his gear packed, waiting for the word to leave. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
Re: Something we can all put aside politics for...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:41:49 AM »
FTM2, USS Lawrence DDG4, 1962 - 1966.  Ported in Norfolk, VA, but seldom stayed there. I operated and repaired the ship's guided missile computers.  Both of my brothers are vets, one marine, one army and now a retired general.  My dad and my uncle served in WWII.  My dad spent most of the war in a hospital in England, and my uncle spent most of the war cussing General Patton.

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 01:48:36 AM »
I was a grunt in Viet Nam in the First Cav. 69 and 70. I think there are lots of Viet Vets here.

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »
We pray daily for our military. May God richly bless and protect our military and their families, past, present, and future. Thank you all for your service. Charlie.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline coldmold

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:46 AM »
US Navy. 1961 t0 1965. Served on three destroyers, 3.5 years on the last one. Two deployments to the waters off Viet Nam. MM2 forward engine room. Also put in 18 yrs in the air national guard.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:46:06 AM »
Thanks to all who served, I have the deepest appreciation.

Both of my grandfathers served in the Navy during WWII. My father was Navy also, served on a destroyer off the coast of Vietnam in '68 & '69. I tried enlisting in the Marines after high school but couldn't get in due to a permanent disfiguring injury to my right hand that I got in an industrial accident.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »
Us Army 11th Air assault Div. Test 1961-1964

I would like to recognize my Grandson.....Tyler McDonald USN. Tyler was stationed on the Aircraft Carrier Ronald Reagan. They were sent to japan after the Tsunami to support rescue operations. Returning from deployment, Tyler became ill and after docking was sent to the Naval Hosp. in San Diago for the removal of a large brain tumor. He is currently assigned to the medical barracks where he is recuperating, and waiting for a possible second surgery to remove the remainder of the tumor.

Below is a pic of Tyler receiving Sailor of the day award from the Capt. of the Reagan, Captain Burke

I'm I proud?...........Just a little lol!

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.