Author Topic: New member with new Tracker II 20 ga,questions???  (Read 686 times)

Offline ThomasL

• Trade Count: (1)
New member with new Tracker II 20 ga,questions???
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:18:32 PM »
New member on the block with a new Tracker II 20 ga .Bought the gun as a ground gun since the game wardens really frown on a 270 not up a tree!Got a few questions though,has anyone put a boyd stock on theres,i know boyd will have the forearm out in a month.I will still use the gun with open sites,most of my shots will be under 100 yards in the woods i hunt.I contacted h@r and know that i can purchase different shotgun barrels and a 357,44 mag barrel but not a high power caliber due to the cast receiver.I plan on zeroing it in tomorrow and have bought hornady sst's for 11.99 a box.I plan to site it in at 50 yards and hope that i will be close.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: New member with new Tracker II 20 ga,questions???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »
WELCOME!!

Yes many of us have BOYD stocks!! OR you can watch the classifieds here and buy a set of take offs form someone changing to a different set!

I have a USH in 20 and it very much likes Hornady SSTs!

My buddy used it this year to collect his deer. They really laid her lo!!   ::) 

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »
Welcome,

I picked up a Tracker II 20 ga a month or so back.  Fully rifled barrel, but it loves the Remington 2 3/4" Sluggers.  Gun is capable of shooting better than my old eyes are with the open sights, which is why I just drilled & tapped it today for a scope rail.  Attached pic is of the gun with the rail & scope and set of Cin. Lam Stocks, which show up in the classifieds fairly regularly.

Good luck.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline ThomasL

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 03:21:56 AM »
Just got back in from hunting,watched a buck chase two does into a cut bean field and all of a sudden a deer to my left runs out in front of me and heads toward the three,next thing i see is the two bucks fighting horns clanking then one runs off with the other chasing him,only problem it was at 6:20 this morning and all i could see were through my leupold binoculars at around 150-200 yards!Well i went home got the h@r out set my target at 50 yds,first shot 3-4" high 2" to the left,moved side to right,shot again,1" right still same height,loosened elevation screw but slide would not slide,had to take a pair of pliers and set on top of the site and tap with a small hammer just to move it,i have it close to center but is still shooting a little right,keep in mind its hard to hold it still on target at 50 yds open sites on a 6" circle.I am sure if a deer walked out at that yardage he'd be dead anyways,shot it 6 times= $15.00!

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »
Just got back in from hunting,watched a buck chase two does into a cut bean field and all of a sudden a deer to my left runs out in front of me and heads toward the three,next thing i see is the two bucks fighting horns clanking then one runs off with the other chasing him,only problem it was at 6:20 this morning and all i could see were through my leupold binoculars at around 150-200 yards!Well i went home got the h@r out set my target at 50 yds,first shot 3-4" high 2" to the left,moved side to right,shot again,1" right still same height,loosened elevation screw but slide would not slide,had to take a pair of pliers and set on top of the site and tap with a small hammer just to move it,i have it close to center but is still shooting a little right,keep in mind its hard to hold it still on target at 50 yds open sites on a 6" circle.I am sure if a deer walked out at that yardage he'd be dead anyways,shot it 6 times= $15.00!

Should be good for 50+ And change the scope on your rifle. If you can see in your binocs you should be able to see in your scope ;)

Lonny

Offline ThomasL

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 05:34:20 AM »
I see that the ultras have a boyds stock in camo lam.boyds told me they do not make the forearms though?so i don't know who makes it for h@r.I was told in a month they would have the forearms ready,thinking of the pepper lam for mine with a black or realtree padded sling if the camo pattern has more black grey than green.Will sell my plank stock forearm and stock with studs and a black outdoor product sling as soon as they are produced.The forearm looks like a piece of cake to swap but the rear stcok,recoil pad and a bolt through to remove and hope i can tighten the boyds back on the same.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
thomas,

If you are buying the T-hole lam stock it uses a different bolt.  It doesn't go through the entire stock, just the wrist section in from of the hole.  Means you can install/remove w/o messing with the recoil pad, but no where to put lead shot for an el cheapo recoil reducer.

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.