Author Topic: bersa thunder and bersa firestorm ?  (Read 492 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
bersa thunder and bersa firestorm ?
« on: November 28, 2011, 06:33:33 PM »
What is the difference between the two ? I'm about to buy a .32 acp I appreciate your help

Offline spruce

Re: bersa thunder and bersa firestorm ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »
The Thunder has a "hooked" triggerguard, the Firestorm is rounded.  The Firestorm has wraparound grips with finger grooves, the Thunder has grip panels and a smooth front on the grip frame.

There are slightly different options between the two as far as finishes - one can be had with chrome frame/blue slide, the other can be had with blue slide/chrome frame, etc.

Other than that they are the same gun with different monikers stamped on them.  I believe the Firestorm name is on guns made for the importer (Eagle Imports?) and the Thunder name is used by Bersa.  Why they did this is anyone's guess because they (Eagle) import both guns - and Bersa manufactures both!
Hope I explained it so it makes sense to you! 
Underrated guns in my opinion.  I have a Thunder .22 that's been 100% reliable with CCI Blazers for the 7 or 8 months I've owned it.  Sure is a fun little gun to plink with.

Offline scootrd

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:18:45 PM »
I have been savin my pennies and have plans on buying my better half either the Ruger LCP, Walther PK380,  or Bersa Thunder in .380 for Christmas. I'll let her handle all and decide which one she prefers.

I have read nothing but good reviews on Bersa's.

I also like where the mag release is positioned on the Bersa, but since it will be her's I will remain silent while she makes her own selection.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline NickSS

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
I have a Bersa Thunderer in 380 for a number of years now and am completely happy with it.  I have owned Walther PPK and Mouser Hsc pistols in the past and own a Astra Constable in 380 and a Taurus TCP in 380 and the bersa is by far the best of the lot as far as I am concerned.  I have put several hundred rounds through mine including various HP, hard ball, and cast bullets and have not had a single malfunction to date.  Besides that the pistol feels good in your hand and has one of the best factory triggers in a semi auto pistol and is very accurate for such a small pistol.  I really can not say enough good about them. ;D

Offline Gene R

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:58:21 AM »
I have an older Bersa .380 I bought new back around 1990 or so. It is very accurate and has never once malfunctioned. I think I paid about $180 for it back then. The only reasons I wouldnt buy another one is
1. I get caught up in the "Brand Name" ??? game also
2. I have a little more money now than I had then. Probably why I get cought up in the brand name game. Other than that they seem to be Quality Firearms