Author Topic: DNZ 1 piece scope mount  (Read 642 times)

Offline tuco

• Trade Count: (0)
DNZ 1 piece scope mount
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:55:46 AM »
Got a SMI smokeless muzzle loader conversion on my NEF and am thinking of using a DNZ 1 piece scope mount.  Any opinions or pics would be great.  I am going to use a Leupold 3-9 x40 VX-R and wonder if I need the High or Extra High as that is what they offer.  Thanks.

Offline JimG

• Contributor
Re: DNZ 1 piece scope mount
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »
You would only need the high model. They are great mounts. I have used several of them and highly recommend them.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:48 AM »
Welcome! Scope rings were just discussed including the DNZ, lots of other options available that aren't so high that a good cheek weld is impossible, just depends on your anatomy, high rings just don't work for me, I prefer to use a scope such as the Leupolds you're looking at that allow low/medium rings, those options are covered in the FAQs and Help sticky, the best place to start for newbies.  ;)

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,245863.msg1099420268.html#msg1099420268
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »
 I put DNZ mounts on one of my rifles this year and love them.  Little by little all my rifles will have them.  As for the heights, they explain what height you need on their web page.  But they also have customer service you can call and they are very helpful.
Tony212

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:51 AM »
I don't like them, their lowest model is waaaayyyyy to high for me.

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »
Lots of Handi's work well with Burris super lows, (now discontinued) but anything other than low is probably going to be too high for you.  That is the problem with DNZ, who ever decided to make them had likely never scoped a H&R before or had to look through the scope once they mounted it.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »
Lots of Handi's work well with Burris super lows, (now discontinued) but anything other than low is probably going to be too high for you.  That is the problem with DNZ, who ever decided to make them had likely never scoped a H&R before or had to look through the scope once they mounted it.  Larry

They're the same way on Encore's too. Too high!

Offline TScottW99

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
    • Scouting for wildlife
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »

They're the same way on Encore's too. Too high!

Now I see this, I just ordered one for my Encore  :o   
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."

-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
The problem I see whith them is that, unless they just happen to be the perfect height and spacing, you are stuck with somehthing you cannot adjust.  With seperate bases and rings you can move the rings for and aft and get different rings to set the height to just clear the hammer to eye-bell.  If they fit perfect then they are great, but I bet most are not the perfect fit.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.