Author Topic: Bud's has price drop on .44 mag  (Read 963 times)

Offline tacklebury

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Central Michigan
Bud's has price drop on .44 mag
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
Just thought I'd mention it.  8)  Pretty good price :
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55422

***edit***
Oh and gallery of guns got in a bunch of handi's today also.  ;)

Tacklebury --}>>>>>    Multi-Barrel: .223 Superlite, 7mm-08 22", .30-40 Krag M158, .357 Maximum 16-1/4 HB, .45 Colt, .45-70 22" irons, 32" .45-70 Peeps, 12 Ga. 3-1/2 w/ Chokes, .410 Smooth slugger, .45 Cal Muzzy, .50 Cal Muzzy, .58 Cal Muzzy

also classics: M903 9-shot Target .22 Revolver, 1926 .410 Single, 1915 38 S&W Break top Revolver and 7-shot H&R Trapper .22 6" bbl.

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
Re: Bud's has price drop on .44 mag
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
I think i paid less than $233 for mine from Bud's in the same configuration.

Offline Default_Required

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »
Thats a pretty good price considering what a fitted barrel and shipping would cost you to have one done at the factory.

Offline JMcDonald

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:02:02 PM »
Thats a pretty good price considering what a fitted barrel and shipping would cost you to have one done at the factory.

+1 to that! You'd basically be getting a new stock set and whole new receiver for $75 extra!

The annoying part is I wish I'd have bought a .44 instead of my .308... I'd be like $500 richer right now lol.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:09:03 PM »
That's their regular price, same as I paid earlier this year, the lowest they've offered the SB1 rifles for was $208 IIRC, $233 isn't that much less than an SB2 rifle, I just bought a  45-70 Trapper for $260, prolly the last one they had since they don't have any now!  :-\ The 357 Mag is also $231.

Tim

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_262/products_id/52891
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
An ad popped up for a puma 1911. They had it listed as illegal in Illinois. Last I checked there are no handgun restrictions in Illinois. The only ban I'm aware of , on so-called assault weapons, in the entire state is in Cook County.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline JB White

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »
Probably falls under the Illinois "Saturday Night Special" laws. If the alloy frame has a melting point below a certain temperature which I can't recall offhand, then that's the problem.
 H&R no longer offers the 44 with iron sights? All I can find are listed as "out of stock" and I didn't see one offered on the H&R website. Are the scope railed models at least drilled & tapped for a front sight?

JB
*Noticed your sig line. UBC Local 181 retired.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 06:09:42 AM »
Interesting, I'm gonna have to look into that. Thanks.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline bighunt

• Doctor of Shootology
  • Shooter, Hunter, Reloader. 100% ate up Gun Nut!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Probably falls under the Illinois "Saturday Night Special" laws. If the alloy frame has a melting point below a certain temperature which I can't recall offhand, then that's the problem.

I believe its 800 Degrees Ferinheit. Mostly applies to Zinc alloys which the Puma is probably made from.
If it has a barrel and shoots bullets I am interested in it and if I don't have one I want one.  Never met a gun I didn't like.

Offline gendoc

• SWAMP GROCERIES RULE !!!
  • Trade Count: (329)
  • TRUTH AND HUMOR, thatsa what i'm talk'n bout
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »
I just bought a  45-70 Trapper for $260, prolly the last one they had since they don't have any now!

Tim

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_262/products_id/52891

tim, i know ya know that thatsa critter kill'n machine............... ;D
already my trapper hasa got 4 in tha freezer.....wif bout 7 weeks left  ;)
sea-ya.....
in tha meen time, i'm wait'n for tha  7th trumpet ta sound !!!

gotta big green tractor ana diesel truck, my idea of heaven's chasin whitetail bucks and asa country boy, you know i can survive............

hey boy, hit this mason jar one time...
burn ya lil'bit did'nt it. ya ever been snipe hunt'n ?  come on...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
H&R no longer offers the 44 with iron sights? All I can find are listed as "out of stock" and I didn't see one offered on the H&R website. Are the scope railed models at least drilled & tapped for a front sight?

JB
*Noticed your sig line. UBC Local 181 retired.

I just found one at the local pawn shop with a red fiber optic front sight. This gun has a polished receiver, wide hammer and wide trigger. I never saw one like this before. I've been wanting a 44 mag with open sights and this is actually an SB2 as well. Anyway, I can't wait to shoot it.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline dave29

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (93)
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:31 PM »
That's their regular price, same as I paid earlier this year, the lowest they've offered the SB1 rifles for was $208 IIRC, $233 isn't that much less than an SB2 rifle, I just bought a  45-70 Trapper for $260, prolly the last one they had since they don't have any now!  :-\ The 357 Mag is also $231.

Tim

I need to start paying more attention to Bud's. That 45/70 trapper is one that I have been wanting, but I procrastinated too long and then thought they were sold out everywhere.

Offline JB White

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 05:38:53 PM »

I just found one at the local pawn shop with a red fiber optic front sight. This gun has a polished receiver, wide hammer and wide trigger. I never saw one like this before. I've been wanting a 44 mag with open sights and this is actually an SB2 as well. Anyway, I can't wait to shoot it.
Good on ya! Sounds like what I had in mind. I'll have to browse the gun shows and back racks at the local shops. Should you ever discover this one doesn't love you, let me know. :)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
I just bought a  45-70 Trapper for $260, prolly the last one they had since they don't have any now!

Tim

tim, i know ya know that thatsa critter kill'n machine............... ;D
already my trapper hasa got 4 in tha freezer.....wif bout 7 weeks left  ;)

John, there won't be any killin here until next fall, our deer and elk seasons are over and done with, saw elk in deer season and a nice buck in elk season, but that will give me lots of time to mill the barrel octagon tho if I choose to!  :D

Tim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »

Tim

I need to start paying more attention to Bud's. That 45/70 trapper is one that I have been wanting, but I procrastinated too long and then thought they were sold out everywhere.

Yup, they don't last long!  :-\

Tim

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 01:56:54 AM »

Good on ya! Sounds like what I had in mind. I'll have to browse the gun shows and back racks at the local shops. Should you ever discover this one doesn't love you, let me know. :)

Will do JB. I love good cast bullet rounds and the 44 is a winner for cast. I often go through an evolution in trading and had experienced a Handi hiatus but I'm back again. Nothing to the extent of Tim's collection though.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline JB White

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
I too like the cast bullets in the 44's. I seem to have gravitated towrds the .429 LSWC's over the years as an all-purpose plinker. That's what I do now. Plink! My hunting days are behind me as are my serious feelings about target. Nowadays it's all about fun and conversations.
 So far I have a handi collection of one. A 45 70 I picked up this past summer through a dealer in Marengo IL. It impressed me to the point of knowing it will not be my last handi. Sold my AR 15 with the intent to buy a .223 Handi. Thinking the youth model with the iron sights and lighter barrel then replacing the short stock and rear sight with a Choate 'conventional' and a Marble's bullseye. That should serve my needs just fine. :)
 You'll know I'm really addicted when I start selling off my core collection of British arms and M1's for handis! LOL