Author Topic: Not happy with Remington H&R parts order... ugh  (Read 669 times)

Offline Deavis

• Trade Count: (0)
Not happy with Remington H&R parts order... ugh
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
About a month and a half ago I got a H&R 176 10 ga with wood on it that just was not my style. I  saw in the catalog they had the camo stock and I called them to get a set figuring Choate was making these for them.... Customer service guys says... yep synthetic camo... but out of stock... cool say I  - back order OK. I ask - do you have a sling that matches (whilst looking at catalog on line where one is depcited..) they say yes. Cool... throw it in.

Furniture finally gets here and it is NOT synthetic... it is pallet wood painted... sling does not match the wood pattern at ALL and the stitching sucks, pulling out, brand new.

15% restocking and return shipping is the printed policy.... not probably going to do it as it is better than what I had but I thought it was cheesy of them to mislead me and I thought the provided products sucked... especially given the pricing and what customer service (who didn't apparently didn't have a grasp of the product line) told me.

End of rant.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
Re: Not happy with Remington H&R parts order... ugh
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 06:12:15 AM »
Give customer service a call, and explain situation to them.  In my experience, they have been pretty good, maybe they can work something out.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Deavis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
I will, I was just kinda bummed...I had waited patiently and was so excited to finish the project.  :-[

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
 As far as the camo. Is it the green with some back pattern design? If that is what you got, that is camo. It is what they use to sale as camo and think they still do on some shotguns. Ugly? yep.

Went back and read. If they told you they were sending you the synthetics, then they screwed up. I would get with Brian56 here on the site. See if he can get you squared away.

Lonny