Author Topic: Gunvault nano vault  (Read 646 times)

Offline Joe S.

• Trade Count: (30)
  • A Real Regular
  • The poisonous mushroom!
Gunvault nano vault
« on: December 15, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot didnt really see anywhere it fit but it kinda fits here.

My belief: Everyone who carries should own a lockbox. When you have to disarm a lockbox prevents a quick smash and grab which basically translates into you buying the gun for a criminal. That said:

For a while now ive been using a gunvault brand microvault in my car and on trips whenever i need to disarm. Right after getting it a year or so ago the keypad got damaged so ive been using it strictly as a keyed open and close. Quite inconvenient if you ask me because the key was in a bad spot.

The other day i screwed up and locked my key in it and i had to break into it and bent it all up. I will say it is well designed and no easy task to get into and it took two crowbars to  get my keys out.

Not wanting to spend another $100 plus on a lockbox i started looking and found the nano vault. Hollered at my bud at bunkerhill and got him to order me a couple. Well they came in today and i must say they are saweet. Little smaller than i was hoping for but they are called "nano". That said the model 200 (this one) is large enough to fit a full sized 1911, gps, and some cash so really what more do ya need. Haha. All in all im stoked. Easy access to the key slot right on top. And it doesnt latch automatically should i drop my keys into it and bump it shut. :-[

Comes with a nice heavy duty cable to attach to a seat frame in a car and is slim enough to slide under even the lowest of seats or fits nicely in a backpack. Also they are tsa approved for the frequent flyers. All this for about $30.

If anyone is looking for a  compact lockbox check out the gunvault nano vault. You wont be disappointed.

Joe S.
Central MS

"An armed society is a polite society."

redistribute work ethic!

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Re: Gunvault nano vault
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
I agree.  I don't CC but my NANO Vault is always in my truck with my .40 M&P Compact and a couple of extra mags inside.  I keep the key on a separate ring from my ignition key so I can get it into action quickly if need be.  I also use it on the motorcycle, and it makes it easy to transfer my weapon discreetly from the saddlebag to the tent and vice versa when I'm camping off the bike.  I use the cable when it is in the truck but not on the bike.  It will not stop a determined thief, but like you I am mostly wanting to thwart the more likely quick smash-and-grab.  And for the price, there is no reason not to have one.

Curtis

P.S.  Forgot to add, I like the fact that the key is cut on both sides.  It fits either direction.
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.