Author Topic: Does any country have the RIGHT to attack another to PREVENT a possible attack?  (Read 6808 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Turn this around , if no one stepped up to police the world would the world be better ? safer ? fairer ?
I don't like war. I don't like seeing one country helped and others not. But the world is not fair .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline scootrd

Ahhh yeah sure, calling reports 'conspiracy' reports or from conspiracy sites is a nice short cut to make this report go away down the memory hole,
...TM7

Why so defensive , All I asked was for you to please cite your source .  It's a pretty easy request. I would like to know where the article you reference originated from. Thanks.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline NWBear

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular

Our so called invasions lets look at them.  ...

mcwoodduck

As always you provide a thoughtful and intelligent response to the issues raised.  Everything you said in the last post was correct in terms of history.  My point is not that there were not reasons for our actions (or that in some cases I did not agree and support them), just that I believe the reasons were flawed.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  However looking forward I feel we need to focus on what is best for the US, first and allies second.  In addition I was pointing out how our actions could be viewed by the other side.  It is a given that SOME lives are bettered by our actions.  However where does it end - wouldn't alot more people in N. Korea be better off if we invaded and replaced the gov't like we did in Iraq?  They are starving in a large way.  Also we "KNOW" N. Korea has WMDs and likes to saber rattle.  Seems like the same argument we used before in Iraq?  Or as some have said do we only pick on the weaker nations for our wrath.

Thanks again to everyone for a lively and thought provoking discussion. 

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
N. Korea wouldn't hesitate to use whatever it had on S. Korea, Japan, probably Australia and on top of it China would take a very dim view if their little puppet gets messed with.
End result is that N.Korea is off limits to any warmongering against them.

Besides for what I know N. Korea doesn't have any big oil reserves.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Gary G

Here are those Iranian devils up to their dastardly deeds:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1544484/posts
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Yes!
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)

Our so called invasions lets look at them.  ...

mcwoodduck

As always you provide a thoughtful and intelligent response to the issues raised.  Everything you said in the last post was correct in terms of history.  My point is not that there were not reasons for our actions (or that in some cases I did not agree and support them), just that I believe the reasons were flawed.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  However looking forward I feel we need to focus on what is best for the US, first and allies second.  In addition I was pointing out how our actions could be viewed by the other side.  It is a given that SOME lives are bettered by our actions.  However where does it end - wouldn't alot more people in N. Korea be better off if we invaded and replaced the gov't like we did in Iraq?  They are starving in a large way.  Also we "KNOW" N. Korea has WMDs and likes to saber rattle.  Seems like the same argument we used before in Iraq?  Or as some have said do we only pick on the weaker nations for our wrath.

Thanks again to everyone for a lively and thought provoking discussion.
I agree that we need to do what is best for the country to maintain the American dream.  That hard work is rewarded, that anyone with a good idea can make it in our society and go from rags to riches.
With that we need to have free markets.  and a polite world community.  Even when itr was the cold war were were polite to each other and even traded with the soviets.
But taking the option of a premptive strike off the table emboldens our enemies.  The idea that we will not project our power off our shores unleashes our enemies to attack our allies.
We need to curtail the excessive spending by the federal government.  We need to bring the way over inflated federal pay scale aand multiple jobs to an end.  (they hire some one as a noffice assistant and give them three jobs each with a salary.  So you have a clerk making 90K a year and drawing a pension for each position when they retire) 
We need ot get the tax code under control and make it a nessessary evil rathern than punitive.  A company should amke a desicion based on their business and not what will curtail their taxes.
Unleashing the freemarkets and capital will raise wages, create more of a tax base and raise every ones standard of living.
We need to get rid of the Green morons that do not want Union jobs.  Do not want any jobs!