Author Topic: Hi Point Firearms,.....They Work!  (Read 7240 times)

Offline jdwolf

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Hi Point Firearms,.....They Work!
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Hi Point Firearms,.....They Work!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 02:28:20 AM »
Well at least we now know they will go bang for one magazine. What we really would like to see is a 5000 round torture test.  ;D

Offline jdwolf

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
Well at least we now know they will go bang for one magazine. What we really would like to see is a 5000 round torture test.  ;D
  Hi Point C9,  1 year old and still shooting great.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj6icTtMgf0
Help support concealed carry in Illinois,  show your support.  http://www.cafepress.com/sicc

Offline CajunBass

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 11:20:11 PM »

I can't help you with 5,000, but I did put 2,000 through a C-9 before I got bored with it and put it up.  It jammed a half dozen times, but most of those were out of one box of range reload ammo, so they probably weren't the guns fault.  It hit the target about as well as any gun I shoot, and is just as tight now as it ever was.

I don't shoot it anymore, but I might need it when the zombies come. 

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:03:17 PM »
first off nice videos yu did ,
ive got 2500+ thru my 995 i love it , just wish ammo was cheaper hahahhaha

Offline choctaw

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 01:36:47 PM »
I have two Hi Point carbines, one in 9mm and the other in 40 cal.   I'm not a round counter, but I have put hundreds of rounds through each. No misfires or any other problems.  Can't say that about my Colts, Berettas and Glocks. 

Its American made with a great warranty.  It might be ugly to some, but nothing is uglier to me than a weapon that is unreliable.  Hi Points go boom when you pull the trigger.  That's pretty cool.

"When I am on the trail, it leads me through the forest, across valleys and streams. It is there, alone with God and his creations, that I find sanctuary."

Offline JNielson317

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 05:17:23 AM »
I have two Hi Point carbines, one in 9mm and the other in 40 cal.   I'm not a round counter, but I have put hundreds of rounds through each. No misfires or any other problems.  Can't say that about my Colts, Berettas and Glocks. 

Its American made with a great warranty.  It might be ugly to some, but nothing is uglier to me than a weapon that is unreliable.  Hi Points go boom when you pull the trigger.  That's pretty cool.

Sorry friend, I simply can't compare a $150 gun to a glock or a beretta. If hi-points work for you guys then I'm very happy for you. But I'll stick to more reputable guns.

Offline Kirkned

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »
I remember when people were saying the same thing about Ruger! And now look at them.  I bought my first Ruger for $49.00. Yes that's right $49.00 Brand spaking new! ::)

Offline rawhidekid

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »
I am hoping they are better now than when they first cameout.  When I worked at an indoor range & gun store, we sold them until we had a couple fly apart on the range.  We stopped selling them at that point.  That was the 9mm pistols, the only problem with the carbines was sights coming off. 8)
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman

Offline Basicguy

• Gray power
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 10:47:51 AM »
I have had two hi-point hand guns and my wife a carbine for the past 3 years. I think we paid 360 for the three of them. They all go bang when I have pulled the trigger. My wife tends to stove pipe the hand guns but I never seem to. I think she is letting them recoil in her hand too much. They are all accurate and have good rifling in the barrel. I am sure that they all have a 1000 rounds through them.

The carbine can be downloaded a lot and lead bullets just chuff out the barrel with very little noise.

I did have a bit of trouble with light strikes on my 9mm hand gun and the company sent me a new updated firing pin assembly at NC. I have not had significant wear on my guns at this point.

Two years ago I made a video, shooting my first hipoint.
[yt=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKrG0XcMuo[/yt]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKrG0XcMuo

Offline mrussel

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 02:28:14 PM »
I remember when people were saying the same thing about Ruger! And now look at them.  I bought my first Ruger for $49.00. Yes that's right $49.00 Brand spaking new! ::)

But Rugers are not made from Zamak. Dont get me wrong,I feel that the High Point has a valuable niche. If you only have 150 dollars to spend on a gun,then buy one. However,if you can swing it,you should spend more. Ruger and Smith and Wesson both have some solid low end offerings. I think Ive convinced myself that the 9mm is the best way to go if your getting a High Point. Ammo price is going to be very important. If you cant afford 400 dollars for a better gun,then your going to have problems affording ammo to practice with as well and the 9 is going to be much better for you in that regard. I think the extra skill you will get practicing will trump the extra stopping power that the 45 has.

Offline bigleaguechew

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 06:04:43 PM »
i have a .45 HP that i absolutely  love. outshot a sig, and kimber. over 2000 rounds not a single misfire or jam. so this is a HP chat, why do trolls have to come in and bash the HP? until one falls apart at an alarming rate i will be forever behind the HP company!!

Offline rawhidekid

• A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
I simply stated the truth of my experience. If that is being a troll so be it.  If they had been better I would have said so. 8)
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 03:22:38 AM »
I remember when people were saying the same thing about Ruger! And now look at them.  I bought my first Ruger for $49.00. Yes that's right $49.00 Brand spaking new! ::)

Yah, but back when you payed $49 for that brand new Ruger you were only making $3.50/hr.  ;D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline hornady

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 02:21:25 AM »
I own several handguns by many different manufacturers. From Taurus to Colt, This debate has gone on as long as I have been reading post on forums. I have read hundreds of post on Hi-points and seen several videos. I have looked at Hi-points at Gun shops and gun shows. From everything I have read and seen, Hi-points are a well-built dependable firearm at a great price.
Having said that me personally I would never own one, I do not like the look or feel of any Hi-point.
Just like Lee Reloading, another company I have no use for. But both have very loyal followings. And those that do use and like these products, great but lets face it. No one is going to change anyone’s mind about, Hi-point firearms, Lee reloading and casting equipment, or the Glock pistols, which I own a Glock and like it. Like many shooting related items these three, more so than others, have an absolute love hate relationship attached to them and this fact will never change.

Offline tallpaul

• Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 11:44:34 AM »
they are better than nothing and a lot of folk simply do not have the money for better. A high point in 9mm is definately better than the old .25 auto's. The HP is a clunky n ugly beast for sure but to some on disability or limited means they could save their lives. I had a neighbor whose dad bought one to kill himself with but the seller thought better of selling him ammo and he could not get any. he asked his son to get him some- the old guy had cancer... the son took the gun and after dad died the ugly medical course gave me the gun since he knew I was into them and he had no use for it. It was a .40 S&w and I took it to the range where it shot and shot well on the target. No it was not a smith or colt etc but it worked well. A friend had a bunch of break ins in his neighborhood and needed a gun so I gave it to him... worked out for me and him both, Saved him some money and saved me a better gun...  I think they are great for a gun to keep in an area that if stolen ya would not grieve so bad for or a cabin or some such use.
Jesus Loves You.... right now just as you are.