Author Topic: Anyone ever buy from Palmetto State Armory?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline tcencore3006

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Anyone ever buy from Palmetto State Armory?
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:25:56 AM »
I am always looking for new places to buy from for AR builds.  I was curious if anyone has ever used Palmetto State Armory?
If you have not checked them out before.  Here is their website.  Check out the price of their lower parts kit.  I have never seen one so cheap.   http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/
Newest toy? Smith & Wesson 4006

Offline deerandduck

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Contributor
Re: Anyone ever buy from Palmetto State Armory?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:01:01 AM »
Well, I've been trying to buy from them for a couple of weeks.  They are not responsive on emails and will not return phone calls.  When I did reach them, they were supposed to email me some data.  That has been 4 days ago and still nothing.  I've kinda given up on them.
You're right, I like some of their products and their prices.  But, to me, it's just not worth the hassle.  I'll go back to Rock River.
Best of luck with your purchase,
Deerandduck

Offline gun junky

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
I bought 2 of the lpk recently. Quality seems very good for the price. I have paid more and got less quality before. I would recomend them. gun junky

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 02:40:41 AM »
That's good to hear gun junky. $45 for a lpk thats good quality is amazing.

Offline Old Syko

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:19:56 AM »
I am always looking for new places to buy from for AR builds.  I was curious if anyone has ever used Palmetto State Armory?
If you have not checked them out before.  Here is their website.  Check out the price of their lower parts kit.  I have never seen one so cheap.   http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/

You really haven't been around ARs long have you?  Not long before the last election that was about the price for a Rock River kit that also included a 2 stage match trigger.  I guess in today's dollars this price is considered fair.  I've dealt with Palmetto in the past and had good results but the response by deerandduck concerns me.  First bad revue I'v seen on them.

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 04:52:25 AM »

You really haven't been around ARs long have you?  Not long before the last election that was about the price for a Rock River kit that also included a 2 stage match trigger.  I guess in today's dollars this price is considered fair.  I've dealt with Palmetto in the past and had good results but the response by deerandduck concerns me.  First bad revue I'v seen on them.

You are correct.  I have just started getting into it within the past year.  Working on build #3 now but I have another stripped lower in my shop that wants some guts :) 

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
I've built several of their kits and all have been great.  I've also installed several of their lpk's but I usually get the MOE ones as it's not much more and to me it's the better deal.  Same stuff in it except the trigger guard and handguard.  They sure lube em up before they send out their lpk's!  I do like their products and buy quite a bit from them.  I'd say buy with confidence and their stripped lowers go on sale occasionally and are really nice.  If you need one wait a couple months and I'm sure they'll come out again at $49.99.

Offline Airsporter

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
I've ordered ammo from them several times with great results.  Never tried their AR stuff.  But, the price on their uppers is very tempting.

Offline 454Puma

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 06:09:25 PM »
Have the Strikefire carbine coming- should be here  Tuesday! I let you know how it shoots! Couldn't beat the price -with optic and Geiselle 2 stage trigger.   ;D
One shot , One Kill

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »
Fair pricing, quality parts, fast shipping................ what more could ask for. Buy with confidence.
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline tcencore3006

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 05:04:15 AM »
A buddy of mine just picked up some stripped lowers from them.  I must say I am impressed.  In fact I liked them enough that I bought one off of him.

Offline rdmallory

• Trade Count: (11)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 02:08:03 PM »
I have one of their lowers and LPK. Think I have about $100 in the complete lower ( no stock) with shipping.

Doug

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 02:23:34 AM »
One of the BEST places for small parts for AR's (and AK's) is "The Citizens Armory". They have great prices, FAST and INEXPENSIVE shipping, the lowest priced shipping of any company I know unless it's free shipping.
Thier shipping costs start at $.70 cents if they can get the item in an envelope, items like small springs and pins and such. Many companies charge up to $8.00 (and sometimes more!!) for shipping small parts. And did I mention they have excellent quality parts and FAST shipping as well....<><.... :)

P.S. - one of the owners is named "Nick" and he is a great guy...
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Minnesota1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 05:13:49 AM »
One of the BEST places for small parts for AR's (and AK's) is "The Citizens Armory". They have great prices, FAST and INEXPENSIVE shipping, the lowest priced shipping of any company I know unless it's free shipping.
Thier shipping costs start at $.70 cents if they can get the item in an envelope, items like small springs and pins and such. Many companies charge up to $8.00 (and sometimes more!!) for shipping small parts. And did I mention they have excellent quality parts and FAST shipping as well....<><.... :)

P.S. - one of the owners is named "Nick" and he is a great guy...

I will second that one!  Somebody recommended them to me a couple of weeks ago.  I ordered and their communications was A+ as was their prices and shipping.  I would highly recommend them.  They do not have a ton of parts unless I'm missing something on their web site.  Maybe they have more listed there but I couldn't find them.

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »
I would recommend them...Never had a problem with them.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense