Author Topic: Camo Stocked Handis  (Read 555 times)

Offline Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Camo Stocked Handis
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:00:49 PM »
I have my eye on a camo stocked handi on sale for 179.95. The deal is good, the question is are the rifles? I noticed in another post that there are problems with locking up correctly. What am I looking for? Thanks in advance.

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
Re: Camo Stocked Handis
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:29:16 PM »
I had a heavy barrel 308 synthetic stocked I got from Dick's SG never had any issues with lock up. 1.5" shooter out of the box with remington 150gr korelocts.
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
I have my eye on a camo stocked handi on sale for 179.95. The deal is good, the question is are the rifles? I noticed in another post that there are problems with locking up correctly. What am I looking for? Thanks in advance.
Good price, I recommend that you just "Buy It", then read the: Handi Basics 101

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,116451.0.html

and the: FAQ's and HELP

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,26264.0.html

You won't have a problem, most problems relating to the gun not locking up properly are related to oil on the locking shelf/latch.  This can be corrected by just cleaning all lubrication off the locking shelf.  Believe me after you buy the first one, you'll wonder why it took you so long to discover these great little guns.

BTW what caliber are you getting?  Best of luck with your purchase. ;D
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
If I'm not mistaken it is a 7-MM-08! Can you still get after market barrels, I'd like to get either a 30-30 or a .357 and ream it to .357 Max.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
 There are no after market barrels. You may get a stub barrel made up for it. You can send the reciever back to H&R and have other barrels fit to it(when they have them in stock) Usually around $185 a barrel after the added cost.

But for that price, I would own that gun!

Lonny

Offline parson48

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:53:43 AM »
I have one in .308 that I purchased from Dick's. I haven't shot it much, but have had no issues with it.

Sounds like a good price.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 01:04:26 AM »

Don't be worried, the "base" we draw our posts from here on the board, is huge. The broader the base you draw from, the better chance you will find items with problems. (Remember people are quick to post a problem but fewer post a proclamation of favor.)
But having a latch problem from the factory is a rare issue. Certainly nothing specific to the camo stocked rifles. If it happens Remington is quick to correct the problems. We also have a bit of a "in" here with Brian56 here on the board. He works with the handis at the Remington plant. He has personally taken care of a couple problem handis for the members.

As advised I say BUY IT!! $180 is a very good price for a brandy new rifle! 

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »
Miller - I think these are the guns that Busta was talking about.  Were they in Dick's?  If so, they are the Dick's specials, and come with a scope & mounts.  They are currently on sale for $149.99, which is an even better price.  So run and buy it yesterday! ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.