Author Topic: Body Guard pistol ?  (Read 503 times)

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Body Guard pistol ?
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:47:14 AM »
My wife is a traveling  hospice nurse and must go out all hours of the night in some rough places. So she decided she wanted to use a pistol. I bought her a Walther .380 (she had never fired a gun in her life) in the last few days she could hit good with it. BUT, she can't operate it, has to think about every movement,load,pull back the slide ,remove the clip ect.
 My son bought her a .38 special body guard but I'm afraid she can"t handel the recoil or noise. Do you think some low recoil loads would make it easier as compared to the .380 ? She loves the gun , especially the lazer sight.Imput appreciated this could be a life and death situation as she has to go to the backwoods of Southern Mo. and there are lots of meth llabs there in the national forest. Any suggestions appreciated.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Body Guard pistol ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:37:49 PM »
When My friend was the Sig Rep and we had shoots open to the public .
I wouold let them use my P230 and I would stick any of the hollow points in it and keep the silver mag for the women to try loaded with them.
The FMJ rounds are a little snappy in the medium fram gun.
One lady wanted an auto and was between the P230 and the Walther.
She went with a P 230 as the recoil was less because I let her try it with the hollow points.
I think the Body Guard would be fine and it may be expensive at first for you to feed it with hollow points for her to practice,  with practice and familiarity you can go to the FMJ rounds in the bulk packs.
Maybe find an IDPA shoot and make her go.

Offline Country Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Body Guard pistol ?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »
We just shot it in the back yard and she can handle the recoil. A little woobly with the lazer sight, my bird feeder is now destroied but there is hope. That is the lightest pistol I've ever handled.