Author Topic: Changing Of The Guard  (Read 395 times)

Offline ironball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Changing Of The Guard
« on: January 14, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
OK, I guess I might as well just ask, since I'm a newbie here. Just what do you all think is the reason the the old moderators just up and left? I read the posts, but other than one supporting the other's clinging to 1860s technology, I really don't understand what is going on.

I have never been able to understand people who talk in absolutes. Such as "don't do this", "never do that". I take that as from a person who has no clue, other than what they read on the internet.

I have to say, though, that I really like the way the new moderators do not take such a dictatorial approach, but rather give people an opinion. And then add that everyone is still free to do stupid stuff, including blowing them selves up. ;D
Never let the people with all the money and the people with all the guns be the same people.

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Changing Of The Guard
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »
How about we let this subject rest in peace?  If the former mod's want to elaborate on it, they can.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline gunsonwheels

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »
Don't know anything about it but my old boss used to say "you can't quit or move on until you have found and trained your replacement".  Being a moderator is often akin to being a traffic cop... thankless, darn (or the other word), job...

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »
How about we let this subject rest in peace?  If the former mod's want to elaborate on it, they can.

I second the motion on this suggestion.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.