Author Topic: Double Tap pistol  (Read 1372 times)

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Double Tap pistol
« on: December 02, 2011, 02:16:53 AM »
Has anyone seen or held one of these Double Tap pistols?

http://heizerfirearms.com/

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: Double Tap pistol
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 03:34:49 AM »
Interesting though I wonder whether the existing technology of creating smaller and lighter guns makes the 2 shot obsolete?
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 03:35:21 PM »
Funny, while the wife was checking out at the grocery store today I was thumbing through a gun magazine and first saw an add for these. I'm thinking like drdougrx. I carry both a Kel Tec PF-9 as my primary weapon and a P-32 as backup. Both are very very easy to conceal and I have a total of 16 rounds available at the pull of a trigger. Hmmmmm, 16 vrs. two? Not to mention the spare mags I carry. I'll lay money both the PF-9 and the P-32 are more accurate too! Bet you can guess what my prefered choice is!  ;)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 07:37:06 PM »
Looks like someone has finally dragged the derringer into the 21st century.  Trouble is it is like a buggy whip,  not of much use today.

Spirithawk, I'll see your 8 and raise you 3 with my P11.  ;D   Just funning you bro.  ;)   
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
Double Tap pistol
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »
I think the two bangers are acceptable for ladies purses and carry in warm months.
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »
Brett, you're forgetting I carry two. That's 16! ;)

Kevin, I hate the idea of a woman carrying in her purse. A bad guy isn't going to stand around while a lady digs in her purse for her firearm. A firearm that isn't readily available when you need it fast isn't much use to you.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 05:11:22 AM »
There are a few advantages of a derrenger.  No moving parts.  Will slip in a pocket easy and will be on you.
As a back up, as a car gun, as a front jacket pocket it would be great.
The lack of moving external parts you can shoot through a jacket.
I see defensive fire arms in four  catagories,
Full size - your standard police fire arm in 9mm, 38 Special, 357 Mag, 357 Sig, 40 S&W, 45 Acp  and throw in 10mm, 41Mag and 44 Special
Compact - Chopped and bobbed versions of the full size guns   2 to 3" barrels  including the medium fram autos in 380.
Sub compact - Small guns where your whole hand does not fit on the gun.
Novelty guns-  Tiny guns that are novelty and are not practical to draw and shoot quickly and reliably.  Most hammered derrengers and tiny revolvers fall into this catagory.  Two shots may be enough but then again, may not be and the slow reload and this would not be my primary defensive gun.
Now here is where the rub comes, the novelty class can change depending on your size.  You have a huge paw and that Sig P230 that works for me is a novelty gun for you as your hand could get in the way of the slide and stop the gun from functioning.
If you want one, get one as long as you can get it in your hand and be able to use it if and when needed.

Offline Brett

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 04:19:27 PM »

??? Darn!

Wait... did I forget to mention my M60 J-frame?  That's +5 for me, we're back to even again.  ;D ;)

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »

??? Darn!

Wait... did I forget to mention my M60 J-frame?  That's +5 for me, we're back to even again.  ;D ;)

Yes but do you carry both at the same time? ;)

Offline Brett

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 11:26:57 AM »

??? Darn!

Nah, generally not.  If I have to be in a situation where I think I may need that much fire power I carry a full sized S&W M&P.40 (15+1).  8)

Offline Spirithawk

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »
To be honest I figure if the first 8 don't do it it's time to ditty out of there. ;) The backup is for added insurance.

Offline S.S.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 03:54:39 PM »
way too expensive to even warrant a second look ???
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »

??? Darn!

Nah, generally not.  If I have to be in a situation where I think I may need that much fire power I carry a full sized S&W M&P.40 (15+1).  8)
If I think I need that much I just don't go.
I used to go to Watts in LA, sometimes at night and never needed that much firepower

Offline Brett

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »
McWoodduck, Unfortunately my job sometimes requires me to work alone at night cleaning medical offices after hours in some pretty rough areas.   I clean carpets with a truck mounted steam cleaning unit so I cannot close and lock the doors while I work because of the hoses running out to the van. 

Here's the equation:

Me all alone + bad neighborhood + medical office full of drugs, needles, etc. (aka; thug bait) + no way to keep uninvited guest out.  You might feel more comfy with that kind of firepower too.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
McWoodduck, Unfortunately my job sometimes requires me to work alone at night cleaning medical offices after hours in some pretty rough areas.   I clean carpets with a truck mounted steam cleaning unit so I cannot close and lock the doors while I work because of the hoses running out to the van. 

Here's the equation:

Me all alone + bad neighborhood + medical office full of drugs, needles, etc. (aka; thug bait) + no way to keep uninvited guest out.  You might feel more comfy with that kind of firepower too.
Understand.  When I was headed to the hood I was there to get them hot water.  Usually got a what are you doing here white boy and I would simply expalin I was there to get hot water for the building so your mom or grandmom can cook, clean and shower.  I was left alone.
In that case I would have both 9mm Sigs for a total round count of 32. and I would buy one of the Palm One vests you see in G&A mag for $200.