Author Topic: Company of Military Historians Forum has artillery topics  (Read 381 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Company of Military Historians Forum has artillery topics
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »
I've posted this information here before but since it has been two years or more since the last time and the blackpowder mortar/cannon forum has many new members since then it may be time to mention again that the Company of Military Historians Forum has a lot of information on artillery, here:

http://www.military-historians.org/cmh/member/member.cgi

You can search back about ten years through some 12,000 topics to find short articles or Q/A on cannons, artillery ammo, artillery accouterments, reference material, etc. 

Each page of the forum contains only 2 months of topics, so if you have to use the control at the bottom of the page to look back further, but the "search" feature will find your topic of choice quickly if you set the timeframe longer than the default "2 months."

Offline exlimey

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Company of Military Historians Forum has artillery topics
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
Hi John  I have a small bronze piece dated 1530 that came out of France back in the 50s possibly John Owyne or Pieter Baude i will try to send a pic to your e-mail addy.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Company of Military Historians Forum has artillery topics
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:31:28 AM »
I view and review the CMH forum every week or so, so I can attest to the fact that there's a lot of interesting artillery information to be had there.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.