Author Topic: Boyd's Stocks  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Crow Juice

• Trade Count: (0)
Boyd's Stocks
« on: January 08, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
Why doesn't Boyds  make a forarm for Handy Stocks ? Or did I just miss it.

Offline Darreld Walton

• Eagles Don't Catch Flies
  • Avid Poster
Re: Boyd's Stocks
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:24:15 AM »
I scoured their website one day specifically looking for a stock set for a Handi project.  I didn't see a forend, either.
They are nice folks, and the young lady that answers the phone is especially friendly and helpful.  Their phone number is on their website.  I'd wager a direct question would get a direct answer.....
I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline

Offline Vic49

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 03:03:49 AM »
http://gunstocksinc.com/ have laminates that match pretty close and several styles of forearms. Shipping is kinda high IMHO
And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Thomas Jefferson
Handi rifles
Knight, T/C and CVA Muzzleloaders
Bowtech and Diamond bows

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:41:30 AM »
Boyd's told some members here a couple months ago that they'd have forends by the end of the year..... but they didn't say which year apparently.  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »
try numrich arms part#1359090.

Offline Mauserfan

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
I talked to Boyd's before Christmas about this.  I was told they tried to get the fore-ends on the site by the holidays but missed the mark.  Hopefully on there soon.   
.45-70, because I can't use a bazooka.

Offline 1EzShot

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
i picked up a stock from boyds and a forearm from brownells i am sure i paid too much for shipping though  but the cinnamon and brown colors are exactly the same color and look great.

Offline ibgp3

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
  • Recovering after nearly 40 years of PTSD
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »
I got a used barrel with a cinnamon laminated fore end.
It looked like the Boyd's cinnamon, so I ordered a stock.  They are a great match.

Offline hoytcanon

• If there is a season for it... I have a pot to cook it in.
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • A Real Regular
  • Handi's and Henry's... a perfect partnership!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »
Boyd's assured me that the forends will be in stock shortly... but to be on the safe side, I ordered the last two camo laminate bull forends that Numrich had in stock... the Boyd;s Sterling camo laminate butt stocks are on the way from Boyd's as I write this.  ;D 
Hoyt Handi's; Ultra Black .22 K-Hornet Shorty, Black Synthetic K-Hornet Shorty & Nickel .410 Combo (sons), Ultra Granite Grey .22 BR Rem, Ultra Nutmeg .223 & .30/30 Shorty Combo (sons), Ultra Forest .223/7mm-08 Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest .243/.308 Combo, Ultra Nutmeg .243/.308 Combo (sons),  Jacaranda/Cocobolo .30/30 & 7.62X39 Shorty Combo, Ultra Black/Stainless .260 Rem Stub, Ultra Black/Stainless .338 Federal Stub,  Ultra Grey .358 Win, Ultra Grey .35 Whelen, Walnut/Cocobolo Mannlicher .357 MAX, Buffalo Classic Mannlicher .44 Mag Shorties w/NDS-38 peeps (X2; Sons & mine), Ultra Grey Stainless .45/70 & .243 & 20 Gauge Combo, Buffalo Classic 26" .45/70, 9.3X74R Mannlicher, Synthetic Nickel .410 & .30/30 & Versa Pak .22 LR Shorty Combo, Ultra Forest/Cocobolo 12 Gauge 3.5" Turkey; Most scoped with DNZ or Dura Sight one-piece bases and Mueller, Hawke or Nikon scopes... several with Skinner Peeps and Williams Fire Sight ramps.

Offline tomme boy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
From what I hear, Boyds makes all of the laminates for just about all of the manufacturers.