Author Topic: barnes bullets. Anyone else seen this  (Read 534 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
barnes bullets. Anyone else seen this
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
no sweat to me as i dont really care for them but just another attack by the antis.

January 23, 2012
Dear Customer:
There has been speculation regarding certain component and ammunition products within the
shooting community. The purpose of this letter is to inform our valued customers of the status of
Barnes Banded Solids’ availability as components, and in Barnes VOR-TX Safari ammunition.
In October 2011, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) classified
twelve individual Barnes Banded Solid projectiles as armor piercing ammunition. Following
these classifications, Barnes submitted individual “exemption request” petitions to ATF. If the
petitions are approved, the projectiles will be removed from the statutory definition of armor
piercing ammunition, and therefore Barnes will have clearance to continue manufacturing and
selling these projectiles.
As of today’s date, ATF has not ruled on any of the petitions requesting the removal of the
Banded Solid projectiles from the statutory definition of armor piercing ammunition.
Accordingly, the following eleven Banded Solid projectiles (currently listed in the 2012 Barnes
Catalog) are subject to exemption requests that are pending with ATF. Please note that Barnes is
not pursuing an exemption for the .223 caliber Banded Solid projectile at this time. The .223
caliber Banded Solids are not listed in the 2012 Barnes catalog or on the Barnes website:
25 Cal 243 Cal 264 Cal 270 Cal
284 Cal 308 Cal 338 Cal 375 Cal
410 Cal 458 Cal (45-70) 458 SOCOM
While we await determination from ATF on these calibers, and in compliance with the original
classification by ATF, the projectiles listed above will not be available for purchase from Barnes.
However, if and when the exemption requests are approved, the projectiles at issue will become
available for purchase at that time.
We are confident that most, if not all, of our removal requests with ATF will be successful, and
that we will soon be able to provide these calibers to our hunting and sport-shooting customers
around the world. In the meantime, we will be happy to answer questions regarding these
projectiles and/or the VOR-TX Safari ammunition loaded with these projectiles. Please note the
Banded Solids components and VOR-TX Safari ammunition products loaded with Banded
Solids not included in the aforementioned calibers (e.g. 416, 470 and 500) and TSX bullets are
not subject to the current armor piercing classification and continue to be available for purchase.
We at Barnes recognize the inconvenience caused by lack of access to the appropriate products
for individual sporting or hunting purposes. We will continue to aggressively seek immediate
resolution to this issue, and inform our customers as further information is provided by ATF.
Please refer to www.barnesbullets.com/products/rifle/banded-solids/ for future updates.
We look forward to your continued business and wish you the best in the New Year.
blue lives matter

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: barnes bullets. Anyone else seen this
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
Honestly.......doesn't ATF have anything better to do.......
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:42:01 AM »
Not really tho they did have a little game going down along our southern border until they got caught. What needs to happen is the agency needs to be disbanded and the employees put out on the street to see what life is really like out there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 05:22:02 AM »
Don't count on this going to be a quick fix in Barnes favor.
BTW : I'm just fine with lead in my projectiles.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »
This dumb stuff ranks right up there with the so called " Cop Killer " bullets , even the lowly 22 short to the head can be a cop killer , don't these DA's have anything better to do than dream up dumb s--t !  >:( ???

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Catfish

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 06:37:46 AM »
You can quire ignorance, but there is no cure for stupidity.

Offline Rock Home Isle

• A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 07:15:54 AM »
Our government at work...dig a hole, then bury it.

And these were the same guys selling automatic weapons to the drug cartels
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"