Author Topic: price check on 30-06 handi  (Read 318 times)

Offline kaveman

• Trade Count: (7)
price check on 30-06 handi
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »
Found a 30-06 handi with palletwood momtecarlo stocks , scope base with quick detach rings no scope the rifle is like new they are asking 180.00 is this a fair price?  Thanks Kaveman

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
Re: price check on 30-06 handi
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:16:39 AM »
I would say yes. If you like the gun and wanted that caliber it is a good price!  The rings are an added bonus!  If you don't believe me check the prices for all the components to build that gun in the classifieds....
If you are thinking of adding barrels you may wish to check the ser num for year of MFG.
  thejanitor

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 06:05:27 AM »
The price if it's in the condition that you say it is, is an excellent price.  Like thejanitor said, the rings are a bonus.  If you have a Dick's by you, I hope you saw the posts by Busta.  If you get lucky, you can get the caliber of your choice.  There are only three calibers available in these Dick's specials though, .223Rem, 22-250, or .308Win.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,248363.0.html

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,248528.0.html

If the above packages aren't in a caliber you want, what I would do is buy one of these guns, and purchase a barrel in the caliber that you want.  That way you get two calibers and a brand new receiver.

Or you can just buy them both, that's what Handi-holics would do. ;)
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline kaveman

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 09:22:32 AM »
oldschoolranger , yes I picked up a .308 at dicks last week because of  thread here spotted the o6 in pawn shop , the .308 was my first handi and at 149.99 a no brainer, I will try and add the 06 to thanks everyone who replied
                                                                  Kaveman