Author Topic: On MSN this morning....  (Read 566 times)

Offline evidrine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
On MSN this morning....
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:32:24 AM »
What do you guys think about this?

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46316454

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: On MSN this morning....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:16 AM »
considering where it came from it's probably a crock of.....
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:52:59 AM »
What they are talking about are face to face sales that are advertised on line.  I think that such sales the seller is supposed to use due diligence to assure that the buyer can legally buy the gun.  Same thing as what happens if a gun is advertised in the newspaper.  Of course MSNBC has to distort and blow it out of proportion. Not to worry no one watches them.

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:02:05 AM »
I watched the footage and they were very bias. They don't say that a face to face transaction can originate through the local newspaper also. It's obvious that NBC is on a crusade to discredit gun ownership.

There is sweeping change about cell phone use during the operation a motor vehicle due to traffic deaths. Should we ban their sale on the internet?
Is alcohol sales banned due to DUI's?
When there's corruption in the state and federal government with flagrant misuse of tax payers money as a result, do we eliminate that position?

I see all this negative publicity as a boost to the firearm industry. The media can only sing the same song, so many times before the public begins to realize what the agenda is. It would really be interesting to see where NBC's funding comes from.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline bilmac

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:33 AM »
Yea nobody watches these outfits any more but that doesn't seem to bother them one bit, they just keep on being stupid.

Offline Blackhawker

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »
I like how they show the racking of the action just after they mention the name of the gun by it's "evil name"; assault weapon, tactical shotgun, etc. and then "CLICK CLICK" sounds the action!  Oh yeah, let's not forget; "you can take down a helicopter with one of these!.  Oh, right, that rifle makes a good anti-aircraft gun.   

Not to shed any ill feelings to the two women mourning over their friend or relative....this is a shame...but can you imagine how the NBC people sat them down and told them to sit at a table and said; "now look sad and look as if you're really mourning as you pick through the pictures of your friend/relative"?  If that were me being asked to act out like that for them, I'd feel like a darn sell-out and feel as if I was making a mockery of my friend/relative's death.  Even worse, I'd feel like the people of NBC are very insensitive to actually ask one to do that.  No one ever thinks about the staging of stuff like this when they're watching reports such as these because we're so bound to television these days we just think it's real and believe everything we see and hear.  Think about it!!  These people had to ACT for this show.  That's pretty shallow if you ask me.

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »

It's all about money and ratings. Their talking points are written for them, mostly, hardly any free opinions and if they do go off and say something wrong they are history. Facts have a  little place in the news, it's an agenda and whoever holds the purse strings  controls agenda,    just that simple.
  just my opinion
  HM

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
Think about it!!  These people had to ACT for this show.  That's pretty shallow if you ask me.

YEP. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:51:39 AM »
  Typical PMS-NBC drivel..filled with 1/2 truths, exaggerations and leftist propaganda.  They wouldn't know accurate, unbiased reporting if it bit them ion their liberal-end !

I read the whole article..and saw nothing of the hundreds or thousands of new, illegal, often full automatic arms.. the ATF delivered to the drug cartels.  That is a much more serious crime..PMS-NBC pretends to worry about some petty hoods buying a few stolen guns, but completely ignores an administration which makes sure the drug lords are well armed.

"Fair & balanced"...yeah..sure..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline DDZ

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 11:20:44 AM »
They just had to throw in the part with the buyer saying "I hate the Government", and for the people that didn't hear him say it, they printed it in big letters so you didn't miss it. They had to get their message out, that those who have anything bad to say about our government must have evil intent because they are buying a firearm. Then how many times did they mention the 50 cal is so powerful it can bring down a helicopter. Like its an anti aircraft gun. Of coarse they have to throw in a few victims. What good would their clip be without a few sobbing victims, with the message that evil looking firearms caused their sorrow.
  The whole thing was filled with leftist anti gun garbage. We know it is, but a good portion of the viewers don't have a clue and get taken in hook-line-and sinker.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline evidrine

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
I love the way they made sure to let us know in the article that the guns they bought were all going to be destroyed. I guess that is supposed to make everyone sleep a little better at night.

Simple facts show that in areas where more common people own guns the crime rate is way down when compared to places where the majority are against gun ownership. Wake up America!

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »
They just had to throw in the part with the buyer saying "I hate the Government", and for the people that didn't hear him say it, they printed it in big letters so you didn't miss it. They had to get their message out, that those who have anything bad to say about our government must have evil intent because they are buying a firearm. Then how many times did they mention the 50 cal is so powerful it can bring down a helicopter. Like its an anti aircraft gun. Of coarse they have to throw in a few victims. What good would their clip be without a few sobbing victims, with the message that evil looking firearms caused their sorrow.
  The whole thing was filled with leftist anti gun garbage. We know it is, but a good portion of the viewers don't have a clue and get taken in hook-line-and sinker.

Yeah, I loved the quote where the mother described that her daughter would be alive if the gun wasn't sold on the internet. In my opinion, the internet has nothing to do with someone who wants to kill and neither does a firearm. Blame the perpetrator, not the instrument.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
Be a good time for the gun owners friend...................Fox, to step up to the plate for gun owners and counter that story with one of their own about citizens in a free country being able to buy and sell guns.You know! That thing about the right to keep and bear arms.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Lost Farmboy

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 01:55:07 PM »
  What a twisted bunch of BS. In the beginning of the report it sounds like anybody can go online, order a stinger missile and have it delivered to the house by UPS no questions asked.

The real goal here is to make all private gun sales go through a FFL, so they can easily create a list of all guns for confiscation. Forcing lawful moral gun owners to go through a FFL will not stop criminals from getting guns. Criminals will just steal guns and sell them to each other, no questions asked.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »
I think Larry the Cable Guy made the point in an statement of extreme eloquence:

"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil." :o

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »
I think Larry the Cable Guy made the point in an statement of extreme eloquence:

"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil." :o

ST762
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

..And Rosie O'Donnell blames the spoon for herself being fat... ;)   :P
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline osokusmc

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »
I wonder if anyone involved in that hit piece has ever sold a car without first pulling the driving record of the buyer or determined if they ever stop for a beer after work?

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
It's always the gun's fault.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783