Author Topic: Bullet Puller  (Read 314 times)

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Bullet Puller
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
I bought an RCBS bullet puller a while back after using a friends. My problem is that mine will not release the bullet without pulling it with pliers. My friends puller did not do this. Is there something I am doing wrong, or something I could do to rectify the situation? Thanks
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Bullet Puller
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:57:39 PM »
I have the same puller and sometimes some collets require assistance removing the bullet.

I would look the collet over good, look for any burs or debris that could get lodged and cause problems. Also clean the body of the die, try only to tighten the screw "just enough" to hold the bullet. Anytime I had a firm crimp or a overly tight bullet and I had to really snug down on the screw, I had to remove the bullet with plyers...

All else considered, you could also call customer service at RCBS. ;)

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Flynmoose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Bullet Puller
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »
Cw,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I had checked things pretty well before I posted. To be sure, I will again before I bother RCBS. My friends puller never hung any bullets up is why I thought there may be a problem.
FM
Dear God please protect our troops, especially the snipers.