Author Topic: Leupold CDS 2 questions.  (Read 574 times)

Offline Pinkerton

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Leupold CDS 2 questions.
« on: February 09, 2012, 07:54:32 AM »
I've got a Kimber M84 on the way, and I'm torn between the VXII 2-7x and the VXII ultralight 3-9x33both with the CDS.
Anybody use the CDS and how do you like it if you have?

Also what are the opinions of the VXII ultralights? I see that it's a similar size to the regular VXII 2-7 but I'm unsure of the eyerelief. It seems to be listed as shorter than the regular VXII and I'm wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions either way.

Thanks

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Leupold CDS 2 questions.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »
I have a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM.  My post won't really answer your question but, for what it's worth, I just wanted to mention that I was torn between the Leupold VX-3 in either the 3x-9x-40mm model, or the 2x-7x model (with a smaller objective bell).  I remember that Graybeard was pushing me towards the smaller and ligher 2x-7x model, but I went ahead and got the 3x-9x-40mm model.  I imagine that the smaller ligher model would make the Kimber (which is a light gun to begin with) feel a tad lighter and quicker, but I'm still happy with the 3x-9x-40mm version that I put on it.  Again, my post won't exactly answer your question, but I just wanted to post this because your rifle/scope combo seems very close to mine.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »
the 2x7 is going to have a bit more eye relief but other then that its probably a toss up. If its a long action gun the compact may not work out without extension mounts.
I've got a Kimber M84 on the way, and I'm torn between the VXII 2-7x and the VXII ultralight 3-9x33both with the CDS.
Anybody use the CDS and how do you like it if you have?

Also what are the opinions of the VXII ultralights? I see that it's a similar size to the regular VXII 2-7 but I'm unsure of the eyerelief. It seems to be listed as shorter than the regular VXII and I'm wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions either way.

Thanks
blue lives matter

Offline Pinkerton

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »
Thanks for the replys. This rifle is a short action which is making me lean towards a more compact scope. I initially considered the 2.5-8x36 VX 3 but Leupold has a deal for two free custom dials on the CDS models which made me lean that direction.  I've been a big fan of the Burris Short Mags and even the Timberline scopes because of the extra eye relief, but really want a Leupold for this one. The ultralights a listed with a bit less eye relief than the standard models so that may be the the deceiding factor. With any luck I'll be able to get to look at one locally.

Thanks again