Author Topic: Mexico Is Out Of Control  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Mexico Is Out Of Control
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
Cuts Crooked:  No, I've been to her house and seen her plants.  She raises for herself, my buddy, and his sister.  She has two to three plants and that's all.  Now when I was flying down in California, and Southern Alaska, I seen some pretty big grow operations.

Got a story here, this actually happened.  Right here in North Pole.  Russ(Not his real name) had family problems that required him to be gone out of state for several months.  Russ asked Al (not his real name either) to house sit for him.  Al is a pot smoking old Hippie.  Makes you think of Tommy Chong.  Russ had a big garden, that he raised every year.  Potatoes, squash, beans, and corn.  On the back side was the corn, about six rows.  Russ had plowed more than he needed, thinking he might put in more corn, but had changed his mind. 

Now when Al moved in and saw all those rows unused he had some ideas of his own.  He contacted friends down in the Matanuska Valley a renown area for potent Marajunia, and got some seeds.  Al sowed four rows of mari jane.  he was out there watering the garden, and caring for the plants, almost every day.  With 22 hours of direct sunlight, the plants were growing fast.  Getting big.

Russ came home near the end of the growing season, and when he turned off the street heading for his house he was in shock.  Now it was a 1/4 mile from the paved street down his drive to the house, and the garden was to the right of the house.  The Mari Jane plants were taller than the corn by two feet.  You could see them from the street.  Russ was in near panic, he knew that if the State Troopers found all those plants he would go to jail.  Russ called Al, and in some not so pleasent words told him to get over there and remove those plants tonight!  Not tomorrow, tonight. 

Al came over and started cutting plants.  As he cut them he loaded them into the back of his old pick-up.  He stuck poles in the sockets on the bed and kept pilling the plants on.  When Al finished he had plants stacked four feet above the cab, and hanging out on the ground in back.  He never bothered or made an attempt to cover the load.  he just tied it down.  It's stacked there on that old truck for the world to see.  Remember it don't get dark, the sun goes down, but just below the horizon, and it don't get dark.  So Al had worked all night to cut the plants.  Here it is 6 AM on a weekday.  With no supervision Ol Al had been puffing a few while he worked.

Al drove that truck out Badger Rd to the Richardson Highway.  Left North Pole and headed for Fairbanks.  Al drove right through the middle of the city of Fairbanks.  Al said people were honking their horns and waving all the way through town.  He went out the Steese Highway, and out to farmers loop.  Once he reached the cabin he lived in he pulled the truck under the leanto shed, knocking half the load off.

Once Al came to his senses he realized how much trouble he could get into if caught with all that stuff.  So he processed some for his own use, and gave a bunch away.  Every time the wind was blowing away from town Al would have a big Bonfire.  Al said all the Ravens would congregate down wind when he was burning.  Al claimed the animals in that valley was the happiest animals in Alaska. 

Russ still spreads the word to make sure nobody ever lets Al house sit for them.  Now this happened back during the pipeline days in the mid 70s, but Russ still gets hot when he tells about it.  Al says he has no sense of humor.  Al laughs about it, Russ gets hot.  Wonder how they have stayed friends all these years.  They yell and cuss each other, but don't ever say anything bad about the other in front of either one.  You'll have a fight on your hands. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: Mexico Is Out Of Control
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:48 AM »
Got a story here, this actually happened. 

Thank you, Sourdough, great story. You made me spill my coffee...

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.