Author Topic: New Handi Owner  (Read 425 times)

Offline tc scout

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Contributor
New Handi Owner
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:30 AM »
Just received my new Handi Rifle in 357 Maximum.
Have been shooting a Contender in 357 Max for quite some time, decided it was time to try a rifle in that caliber.
After reading the H&R threads for awhile, I chose the Handi.

Need to get some rings, all the ones I have are too low.
Can't wait to get her to the range.
Can I join the "Handi Fraternity" now or do I have to become an apprentice ?  :-\
The strongest reason for the
people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
Re: New Handi Owner
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
Hi and welcome.  Yeah, we'll let you in, but ya gotta promise to buy more ;D :D ;) ;)

You're going to like the Handi Maxi.  Mine's cut to 16.5 inches and is on a Buffalo Classic Carbine stock set.  My wife, Patty's is a standard 22 inch on a synthetic stock set.  Both are scoped with 4x32 Bushnell Banners on Burris medium Zee rings.  They clear the bell on the scope nicely.  Both rifles shoot 38s, mags and maxis well.  We wish you the best of luck with your new rifle.  If you have any problems, the answer will be waiting for you here.  A really good idea is to read the FAQs in the stickies at the top.  It'll answer questions you didn't even know you had ;)

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline yukondog

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »
Welcome to the club,one handy is all that is required foe the apprenticeship. :) 
an unloaded wepon is equal to the same mass and volume as a rock.

Offline thejanitor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (59)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
Welcome to your new home! They are like potato chips..... one just gets you started.
Hope you like it like most all here do, you're among some of the best "friends" you will find.
thejanitor

Offline handi243

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »
welcome!! Shoot a 1" group with mine this morning only at 75 yrds but good for me!!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »
WELCOME!!

I am a Contender convert too!!  ::) ::) ::)

I had a maxi Contender in 10 and 14" barrels. Sold both when I began hunting with my H&R factory maxi barrel. Now I have two as well. One is 17" the other is a 357mag rechambered to maxi so its a bit heavier then the orig skinny Maxi barrel. Its one of my favorite handi calibers.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline tc scout

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »
cw, Oh i couldn't give up my Contender. I just thought I would add a different option for the 357 Max. It is one of my favorite calibers.
If Michigan doesn't pass a proposed bill to allow rifles chambered in pistol cartridges for deer (zone 3), I will just have another target/ yote rifle.
It was time for something new to play with, looks like you guys are having fun with them.
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, much appreciated.

The strongest reason for the
people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline ratdog

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:50:49 AM »
i used to be a contender fan sold all my stuff and have never missed it.these handy's are very adictive ;D