Author Topic: CW9 Feeding Issues  (Read 541 times)

Offline JW307

• Trade Count: (1)
CW9 Feeding Issues
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »
I've got a CW9 that I bought lightly used.  It looks like it was carried more than it was shot and is really in excellent condition.  It shoots really well, when it shoots.  At least once in every magazine load it will fail to feed the next round and almost never picks up the last round out of the mag.  It basically pushes the round into the lower part of the feed ramp and jambs up.  I've tried several different brands/types of ammo.  Some are worse than others, but I've had trouble with all of them.  Also the last time I was out with it I had a few failures-to-fire, but I'm thinking those were ammo related issues because it's the only time it has ever happened.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Jake

Offline mattmillerrx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: CW9 Feeding Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »
Have you tried different magazines?  If not I would start here.

Take it down and clean it up real nice.  You could have a build up of crud...this would most likely only help with the failures to fire.  If it is due to the gun and not the ammo as you indicated the old ammo is the cause.

I have an MK9 and only recently started experiencing this, but not as common as yours.  I believe mine to be limp wristing the gun.  I have some medical issues involving my wrist that are contributing.  That said, change the recoil springs out with the wolf package has helped.  So, something else to consider.

You may also want to call Kahr and discuss the issues with someone in their service dept. and possible send in for inspection/repair.

Offline tboy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:07:09 PM »
Sounds like a classic mag problem.
Lips bent or someone cleaned the mag and reversed the spring.

Offline JW307

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »
I hadn't even thought about the mag springs being reversed because both mags I have were doing it.  I took them both apart and they were both in backward.  Thanks for the idea, I'm glad it turned out to be so simple.  I'm a little bit embarrassed that I never took them apart, but everything looked good.  I took everything else apart and gave it all a good scrubbing and oiling event though it was very clean to begin with.  Funny that the last guy was able to put both magazines back together incorrectly.  You'd think he'd get it right once just by accident.  I think the FTF's were ammo related because I haven't been able to duplicate that problem.

Thanks guys.

Offline tboy

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:20 PM »
Thanks for not asking how i knew about the reversed springs :o .