Author Topic: Ron Paul on the Neocon Movement in America  (Read 1403 times)

Offline scootrd

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ron Paul on the Neocon Movement in America
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 05:35:41 AM »
BTW, scootrd...Bin Laden never admitted to the 911 fiasco...quite the opposite....As you may know an inner circle of intell and special ops types rate him way up there in service to America, a friend,  as he pretty much single handedly, at risk of life and limb, served our interest in Russo-Afghani era organizing the defeat and drive the Soviets out of Afghanistan thus ctalyzing_if not causing_the collpase of the Soviet state.
....TM7

TM , Your just plain wrong , or at the least , not current with your facts on this subject.

First ,

(A simple cut and paste from wikipedia,  I dont have time this AM to type my own response)
Reasons for the attacks were stated before and after the attacks in several sources, including the videos of Ayman al-Zawahiri and Fatawā, interviews of Osama bin Laden and videos and audio recordings of Osama bin Laden. The motivations identified for the attacks include the support of Israel by the United States, presence of the U.S. military in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and the U.S. enforcement of sanctions against Iraq.

second,

In 2004, Osama bin Laden, who had initially denied involvement, claimed responsibility for the attacks.

On October 29, 2004, at 21:00 UTC, al Jazeera broadcasted excerpts from a videotape of Osama bin Laden addressing the people of the United States (in which he accepts responsibility for the September 11 attacks) condemns the Bush government's response to those attacks and presents those attacks as part of a campaign of revenge and deterrence motivated by his witnessing of the destruction in the Lebanese Civil War in 1982.

Third ,

In his own words transcription from the tape

I will explain to you the reasons behind these events, and I will tell you the truth about the moments when this decision was taken, so that you can reflect on it. God knows that the plan of striking the towers had not occurred to us, but the idea came to me when things went just too far with the American-Israeli alliance's oppression and atrocities against our people in Palestine and Lebanon.

Fourth

In the 18-minute video tape Bin Laden , addressed to citizens of the United States directly.

Bin Laden claimed he was inspired to destroy the World Trade Center after watching the destruction of towers in Lebanon by Israel during the 1982 Lebanon war.

Sixth,

Out of expiediancy this AM Here is link to his letter in full  (the ramblings of a nut ) -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver

If you don't like this link just google your own from a source you trust .

I stand by my statements we should remove our military bases from ME, bring the troops home to defend our soil .
Ron Paul and Thomas Jefferson are spot on with their foreign policies and views.

If we are exacerbating the ME with our presence it's easily resolved. They have been in entanglements for 5000 years and will be for 5000 years more. We are not the world police.
"if your old flathead doesn't leak you are out of oil"
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline scootrd

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 07:28:50 AM »
Actually Scoot, I'm pretty up on this 911 business from all the sides...Funny how the FBI never wanted bin Laden for the 911 fiasco...isn't it?
Your post are credible just like the various bin Laden videos we were treated to... ;) :D ;)  Better you study the origins of al CIAduh.  We have place to discuss this stuff elsewhere.
Meanwhile we agree on RP's sanity.....
TM7

TM7
How hard is it when faced with facts to say ok I misspoke - he did take credit for 911?.

I find your stance on the matter ,  a bit a bit hard for you to argue from,  juxtaposed against an al Jazeera broadcast of Osama bin Laden addressing the people of the United States in which he accepts responsibility for the September 11 attacks , in his own words.

Unless of course in the dark shadowy underbelly world of conspiracy theories where some like to dwell , we have a super secret covert agent posing as an al Jazeera broadcaster, and prior to airing was able to obtain the tape and seamlessly alter the content using an online/offline editing suite , then replanting the tape just minutes prior to airing.

Might make a good Archer episode but  come'on , ENOUGH IS ENOUGH . We got the guy responsible .

This is not a Pelican brief.

But hey,  whatever floats your boat.

-  and yes RP is correct on foreign Policy stance we should adopt. Though some would argue till they are blue in the face differently. and to them I say ok we tried it your way for how many years ? so hows that foreign policy been working out for this country ?

Pull 'em back, sever entanglements, and lets get back to common sense Jeffersonian and RP policies.

-  most don't even understand Iran has had a nuke program since the 60's.(this is not something new)
"I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it." - Clint Eastwood
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjaman Franklin
"It's better to be hated for who you are , then loved for who your not." - Van Zant

Offline scootrd

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »
Umm, scoot dude,,,,Look up the bin Laden statement from Sept 17 right after the 911 Hoax, and then the one from Unmat a Paki newspaper in which he states he never took part in 911...
.TM7

Wow , TM I'm not slandering by any means,  but you are seriously out there with this 9/11 conspiracy stuff.
Bin Laden accepted responsibility. Plain and simple.   

Offline spitpatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »
There is no debate here, there is only this statement:

My side is knowledgeable, informed, intelligent, logical, patriotic, moral, and RIGHT, while YOUR side is

ignorant, ill informed, illogical, unpatriotic, immoral, easily duped, and therefore WRONG.  You are a :

________________          1. Conservative
                                   2. Liberal
                                   3.Democrat
                                   4. Republican
                                   5. Libertarian

The answers are completely interchangeable, pick any answer and get a bonus answer free. You are like dung beetles competing for a fresh pile of doggie do. This is going to smell the same when it is over, regardless of the outcome, and it ain't gonna be roses.....

Twoshooter......just to darn funny! Don't care who you are!
Quality will be remembered long after price is forgotten

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 12:40:29 AM »
scootrd, your posts concerning 9-11 are spot on.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye