Author Topic: Capt. Barbossa steps in  (Read 504 times)

Offline Captn Barbossa

• Trade Count: (0)
Capt. Barbossa steps in
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »
Just got off the line with GreyBeard... He suggested I get in touch with Double D "Doughlas" and or Seacoast Artillery.  Not sure if I'm in the right place here but, looked like the best place to start.
[/size]
[/size]A little about us and how we came to be here... We have a fairly nice machine/welding shop here in the Panhandle of Florida "Panama City". Just today I learned that Ed from the CannonSuperStore.com has Apparently been leading me on and I was very disturbed. I now will have to go and explain all this to the rest of the group. As I was saying, we are legit and we back everything we make for people. We treat people like we want to be treated and that is not to be ripped off or lied to. We love to build "overbuild for safety" cannons and mortars. Every one we make, we shoot several times for testing, safety and most of all, for the fun of it. Our group is very active in the reenactments, "Civil War, etc" and especially in the Pirate reenactments. We are set up to make cannons and mortars of various sizes. Some of the ones we own and operate range from 30cal size to 50 cal "these are the scaled down models" all the way to our full size 3# through the big 6" bore 32#'s. We'd really like to get into making these for those who want to own a real operational cannon. Worms, Mops, Rams, Limbers are no problem. All of our items are made as if we are entering them in a show for a 1st place prize. If anyone can guide us and make suggestions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to being an active part of this terrific group.
[/size]
[/size]Wolfgang aka Pirate
[/size]Capt.Barbossa

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Re: Is Anybody Building a Mini, Micro or Nano Cannon or Mortar?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:43:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Wolfgang, aka Captn Barbossa! Got any pics of your projects? Looking forward to seeing you and your cannons here on the Forum...BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
    • seacoastartillery.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 12:57:56 AM »
     Hi Wolfgang.  Welcome to the forum.  -PM sent-

Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »
Welcome Wolfgang/ Capt Barbosa,
The company you mentioned has developed a "reputation" they are a clearing house for cannon and take a commission from what I can tell as many of the items are scattered across the country and throughout the world...... It makes getting an item that was payed for a little shakey to say the least.....
Please show us some of your work, Start a new stand alone thread for it......

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Capt. Barbossa steps in
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
I split these posts from the Mini, Micro, Nano thread since it is really off topic for that thread.

Welcome, Wolfgang.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill