Author Topic: Boy did I screw up! I just would not listen to those who knew.......  (Read 2700 times)

Online JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: Boy did I screw up! I just would not listen to those who knew.......
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 03:09:37 PM »
Ilovetheideaofusingabuddy'sbalancetodeterminethecheckweight'sweight.
Youneedacalibratedweight.
Rightnow, youdon'treallyknowifyourbuddy'sbalanceisofforifyourbalanceisoff.
TheLeeisjustasgoodasanyotherlightweightbeambalance.

OMG. Use the space bar man!!! You post is three REEEELY LOOONG WORDS!! Lol ::)

I see his posts show up every once in a while, and used to try to read them but gave up a long time ago.  Saw where he said the spacebar doesn't work on this site (and only this site), on both his PC and Mac - hard to believe, I don't see how it is even possible.  Seems more likely it is a PEBCAK error...

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Offline noylj

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 06:42:20 PM »
cwlongshot:
Wow, Ineverwouldhaveknownthat!     
Ihaveanon-functioningspacebaronbothmyMacsandPCsonthissite.
Maybeyoucouldtellmewhy????     

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 07:24:46 PM »
It's commonly refered to as  PICNIC trouble.
   Problem In Chair Not In Computer

A problem easy enough to fix by hitting the ignore button.
found elsewhere

Offline smokehouserex

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »

IIRC thats the way the Bible was origionally written and no verse or chapter seperation.   No  I was not living back then,, I seem to remember reading or hearing this. Very difficult reading. Please correct me if I am mistaken, thank you.
  HM

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 03:42:40 AM »
cwlongshot:
Maybeyoucouldtellmewhy? ???   

It's pretty easy to look up your past posts, you are just trying to be a jag... Your space bar works just fine.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »
cwlongshot:
Maybeyoucouldtellmewhy????   

Use it or stop posting at GBO. You are fooling no one with that story. So if you can't or won't use it don't post any more here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 223fan

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »
I have had a Lee for years and had no trouble with it.They are kind of sensitive though. I use an ohaus mostly now but the lee still gets used from time to time.
XLI the one to go with.

Offline wncchester

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »
"OMG. Use the space bar man!!! You post is three REEEELY LOOONG WORDS!! Lol"

I quite trying to decode freaky posts, including those with all caps or no caps, no punctuation or no paragraphs on about the third one I saw. That was some ten years ago and I still don't need no 'ignore' button to ignore them!   ;)
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
"OMG. Use the space bar man!!! You post is three REEEELY LOOONG WORDS!! Lol"

I quite trying to decode freaky posts, including those with all caps or no caps, no punctuation or no paragraphs on about the third one I saw. That was some ten years ago and I still don't need no 'ignore' button to ignore them!   ;)

FYI, I searched his posts... guess what.. NOT ALL LACK SPACING!!!  He is a TROLL looking for attention.
Bill called it spot on!!
If your interested, click his name, then click "show posts" under his name on the left side... All posts he has commented in will come up. See for yourself... So much for his feigning ignorance... ::)
CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline gr8ful

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 05:11:18 AM »
I still prefer my RCBS 5-0-5, accurate reliable and easy to set up, I have a Lyman digital scale and like others have found it to be tempermental and requires constant recalibration.

Offline painted horse

• Avid Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »
I have two electronic scales, both RCBS, the rangemaster 750 stand alone and the Chargemaster combo. Both are always accurate (I check them with weights each time I use them) and have been a pleasure to use. I also have my original Pacific beam scale thats "pretty" good, for some reason between 20 and 30 gr. it's off about .1 or 2, after that spot on again. Weird. I also have a Lyman D7 beam scale that is the fastest settling beam scale I've used. Drop a load in the pan, it makes one swing up and settles, but I hate the "little thin tinney" adjustment bar. It's a pain to get it to set in the little slots.  >:(  But it is accurate. I had a Lee scale once, worked o.k. just wouldn't weigh high enough, what are they 110gr. max. can't weigh bullets with that...

Offline goodconcretecolor

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
" I would not use a digital for reloading without verifying the accuracy every day. "

At one time I calibrated/repaired professional grade electronic scales.  Without access to my old electronic maint. lab I don't -  and won't - have one of the quirky things on my bench.  Beams work too good and reliable for me to fool with cheaply made electronic gimmicks, and ALL reloading digital scales are cheapies no matter how much they cost.
AMEN. I have been responsible for scale calibration for more than ten years and I agree 110%

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2012, 10:32:19 AM »
I used an RCBS beam for years.  The RCBS came up missing after the move back to Alaska.  Got a Lee beam scale.  Used it a few times, found it to be hard to use, and very sensative, easy to knock off setting.  Found an unopened box and unpacked my RCBS scale. 

About 8 years ago I bought the Lyman Electronic Scale with powder feed.  Was taking too long to reload, so I bought the RCBS Electronic Scale with Powder feed.  Now I work both scales at the same time, loading differant loads.  I'll be throwing loads for the 30-06 with the Lyman, and .223 with the RCBS.  I measure every load for my hunting, and long range shooting.  I only use the powder measure on my progressive press when loading for the Mini-14s and pistol loads. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.