Author Topic: Official Grand Opening of Cannonmn video channel on You-Tube  (Read 887 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Official Grand Opening of Cannonmn video channel on You-Tube
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:06:15 PM »
I get pm's and calls from friends and board members asking for links to this and that video which we've posted at one time or another.  Now it's easy, they are all accessible from one webpage that's been completely re-decorated, re-organized, and re-indexed to make them easy to find.  I think this is appropriate to post here because well over 100 of the videos are related to antique artillery, shooting it, collecting and examining it, looking at it in museums, etc.  Kindly disregard those on other subjects; I wish I could segregate all the cannon videos from the others for you, and there's probably a way to do it, but I'm not smart enough to do it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cannonmn/videos

Offline BoomLover

Re: Official Grand Opening of Cannonmn video channel on You-Tube
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
 ;D Thanks for posting your "You Tube" link! Lots of hours of enjoyment there! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:02 AM »
You've spent a lot of time documenting historic artillery, and I've always enjoyed and appreciated your efforts behind the camera.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Artilleryman

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 04:44:16 AM »
Good job!  Thanks for the link.

Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 06:18:25 AM »
Wish I could get to them at work but the security setting don't allow Youtube.....  :-[
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline dynomike1x1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:04:04 AM »
Pretty impressive. I guess mine did'nt make it.
There are very few probablms that can't be solved with explosives.
2/115FA

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:37:38 AM »
I guess mine did'nt make it.
Mike, maybe you're kiddin' but if not, 'tis just the way the You-Tube site works. 
You can only have your own videos on your channel, so all 263 that are on my channel are those I produced and uploaded myself.

Offline dynomike1x1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »
Just kidding. It's still impressive.
There are very few probablms that can't be solved with explosives.
2/115FA

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:41:49 AM »
By gosh, some great video ;D ;D

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »
Thanks Will.

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
 ;D Cannonmn, since you posted, I have watched about 30-40 (lost count!) of your videos, all have been great! Looking forward to many more hours of excellent entertainment...good job! BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »
Thanks Boom, glad you liked 'em, we'll put out more as we get time.

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
Hey, Cannonmn, just wanted to thank you again for posting these videos. While watching some Cannon Firing vids, I checked out a couple on Swords. I discovered that I have a M1833 Enlisted Dragoon Saber, which were made between 1834 to 1839. Mine was made in England, by Anderson & Son, out of Edinburgh, Scotland. Found it on the video marked "U.S. Army Swords, 1832-1840". A friend gave this to me about 15 years ago, said it came out of his Grandmother's home, He acquired it after she died back in the 70's, and he was tired of hanging on to it, and knew I "liked that kind of stuff"! She had claimed it belonged to one of her ancestors who was in the Confederacy during the "recent unpleasantness" of the Civil War. Now, I have no proof, but she, (the Grandmother), told them he was in the "Artillery Forces", (her words), around the New Orleans area, and into East Texas. Amazing what you can find when you start researching Cannons! BoomLover

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 02:10:31 AM »
Thanks for the sword story!  Glad the videos helped out.  BTW just found out there are more "old cannon videos" on the way from our partner who did the Krupp videos we just posted.  I hope to have some of those processed and online within a couple of weeks.