Author Topic: White Wolf brings $1,200.00  (Read 586 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
White Wolf brings $1,200.00
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »
I was in the Fairbanks Fur Tannery earlier this week.  Talking to the owner about wolf pelts.  Asked about the Blue one he sold a few weeks back for $1,400.00.  He pulled out a picture of a White Wolf, standing under a tree, caught in a trap.  Solid white, no marking at all.  Said someone had bought it earlier that day for $1,200.00.  When word got out he had it, collectors started calling.  First one to show up with cash got it. 

Now you guys can understand why I am going out so much these days.  Took a short jaunt last night on the snow machine.  It's about three miles to the Tanana River from my house.  Once on the river bed, I park and just sit for 20 minutes.  Then I put on a red head lamp and start walking.  Last night I was carrying a Savage .223/20ga.  The Northern lights were out, and just beautiful.  Enough light I did not need the headlite.  Only got one Red Fox, but saw one maybe two Coyotes, running up the river ice.  I'm not going out on the ice at night alone.  Temp was 16 above.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: White Wolf brings $1,200.00
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:37:09 AM »
WOW! A heat wave!
I have some friends that live out by Murphy Dome who are talking about moving down here soon. They are old enough that I will have to fly up there and drive the moving van back. If it pans out I'd like to meet with you one morning for some coffee.
I sure do miss being up there, never should have left when I got out of the Army.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
OSOK:  PM me when you are getting ready to come up.  Don't wait till you get here, I might not be availiable if you do.  Rog
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline geezerbiker

• Trade Count: (14)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:47:12 AM »
SD, your stories make me regret my decision not to move to Alaska when I was young.  Now I think that I'm too old and beat up to adapt...

The Hunting and fishing here in Oregon suck and it's too expensive to hunt in other states...

Tony

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:22 AM »
I'll do it Sourdough!
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud