Author Topic: Constitutionally Illiterate Society  (Read 946 times)

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Constitutionally Illiterate Society
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:25:06 PM »

Chuck Baldwin hit's the nail right on the head with his latest article from News With Views.
He talks about a large number of Paul's critics being Conservative Republicans, and the reason for it?

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin689.htm
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Constitutionally Illiterate Society
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
Good article. 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »
that was a very good article.
in another thread a couple of days ago, I said that president Paul would be fighting an uphill battle in washington because the politicians would effectivley tie his hands.  and suggested a way to return our country to its former glory in the way the framers laid out for us.
that post was deleted.

Is that the way to win converts to Pauls side?
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »
Good article.  I've been saying for a long time the authors of the constitution would have just as hard of time as Ron Paul running for president in these times,  the people, including many "conservative republicans" don't get it.  Bugeye you are right about Ron Paul's hands being tied even if he won the election, without the people replacing like minded people in the congress, it would not do much good.

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 02:13:54 AM »
"Constitutionally illiterate society"  Yes, I have to agree with that.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 06:59:45 AM »
The important thing to remember - the lens to see the constitution through - is that it is a limiter on the power of the state, not the rights of the people.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:45 AM »
that was a very good article.
in another thread a couple of days ago, I said that president Paul would be fighting an uphill battle in washington because the politicians would effectivley tie his hands.  and suggested a way to return our country to its former glory in the way the framers laid out for us.
that post was deleted.

Is that the way to win converts to Pauls side?

I doubt anything would change your mind after it's made up!Usually, your post's are deleted because of your insistence on flaming.Same as this thread. You could have ended your response with  Paul would be fighting an uphill battle in washington because the politicians would effectivley tie his hands.  and suggested a way to return our country to its former glory in the way the framers laid out for us.

But (NO)! You just had to flame a Mod. for deleting one of your post's.Guess what?....Your doing it again.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:13 AM »
Very good read, and accurate. Is it any wonder people are ignorant of what the Constitution is, says, or means. They don't teach it in schools anymore, and wonder if its even mentioned. So what we end up with is presidents like Obama, and congressmen like Obama. When we do have a chance to elect someone like Paul, many don't want anything to do with him, because he's not like the rest, and he's not a reflection of themselves. Ignorance of our history, and our written Charters of freedom is taking this country to hell, and that is exactly what it is, downright ignorance.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »
The ignorance of it here on these forums never ceases to amaze me. Folks who shout so loud about the 1st and 2nd Amendments seem not to believe in much else of it. Far too many want government interference IF it suits their personal agenda but not if it doesn't.

You either believe in the Constitution ALL of it or you don't. That so few REALLY believe in ALL of the Constitution is how we got in the mess we're in now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »
my wife and I are both looking at RP because santorum is starting to vacillate.
but nobody seems to believe me.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »
    Many here agreeing with Chuck Baldwin on politics and pronouncing him as especially enlightened.  How many here also accept his enlightened spiritual beliefs? 

Being Baptist (along with many denoms) he believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and God the Son and that we must accept him as Lord and Savior..or we lose all hope.  How manynhere who consider him to be so intelligent, have also taken him at his word and accepted Jesus as their Savior?

This is not a "religion debate" but a test of how much you believe the man you cite as having a settled, intelligent mind..worthy of respecting !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 06:25:49 AM »
The ignorance of it here on these forums never ceases to amaze me. Folks who shout so loud about the 1st and 2nd Amendments seem not to believe in much else of it. Far too many want government interference IF it suits their personal agenda but not if it doesn't.

I've noticed that too.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »
  We should be cautious in concluding that small differences and nuances in the interpretation of the constitution.... constitutes ignorance of the same. 
       An old proverb says;....   " The opossum, hanging by his tail, opens his eyes and proclaims.... "What a topsy-turvy world this is" ! "
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jlwilliams

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 08:47:55 AM »
  We should be cautious in concluding that small differences and nuances in the interpretation of the constitution.... constitutes ignorance of the same. 
       An old proverb says;....   " The opossum, hanging by his tail, opens his eyes and proclaims.... "What a topsy-turvy world this is" ! "

That is indeed true and I am open to the possability that intelligent people may have differing views.  That doesn't let the Illiterati off the hook.  This country is indeed full of morons who don't know or care a wit about anything that isn't coming out of their 'smart' phone.  We have so many people who have no idea what the Constitution says much less what it means.  Fools who think and claim that 'I know my rights!' when in fact they don't.

Besides, the 'possum is right.  This is a topsy-turvy world.  Unfortunately I doubt some people would see that unless they too were hanging upside down from a branch.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 10:08:40 AM »

You either believe in the Constitution ALL of it or you don't. That so few REALLY believe in ALL of the Constitution is how we got in the mess we're in now.

Now THAT is one of those rare "Nail on the Head" posts!

We do indeed live in a constitutionally illiterate society, in some measure because it is not taught in our schools anymore...in fact, the Constitution is persona non gratus in Americas public school system, insofar as I can see. I personally would know very little about the Constitution if were not for my job and for being a home educator.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 04:11:19 AM »
  You're correct there Cuts..
  I deal every day with youngsters who are public, Christian & home schooled...
  There is a remarkable gap concerning our constitution and history between the first group and the latter two groups.  i really must pause to wonder; "WHAT DO they teach in public schools" ?