Author Topic: Why I Support Ron Paul  (Read 649 times)

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
Why I Support Ron Paul
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:10:14 AM »
I cast my lot with conservatives as a teenager in the 1960's because the conservative Republicans of that era were against such communist practices as torturing prisoners,  operating  a KGB type of police state, assassinating people, suppressing free speech  and  invading and looting their countries.

Today, with one exception,  every single  "conservative" GOP Presidential candidate  openly supports all of these communist practices.  That one exception is Ron Paul. 

Ron Paul is not perfect, but his  basic moral principles are the same as mine and have not changed with the passage of time.

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Why I Support Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:38:13 AM »
I cast my lot with conservatives as a teenager in the 1960's because the conservative Republicans of that era were against such communist practices as torturing prisoners,  operating  a KGB type of police state, assassinating people, suppressing free speech  and  invading and looting their countries.

Today, with one exception,  every single  "conservative" GOP Presidential candidate  openly supports all of these communist practices.  That one exception is Ron Paul. 

Ron Paul is not perfect, but his  basic moral principles are the same as mine and have not changed with the passage of time.

Same here IGM! The very things that made me register as a Republican, will now be the same things that cause me to leave the party.Pat Buchanan when asked why he was leaving the Party said, I didn't leave it.It left me. When I joined the GOP it was more Libertarian. Truly smaller government and anti-war. Still claims to be, but it's total BS.

There is still a few left at the Federal level, but darn few!These are the ones that believe like the founders did.Ron Paul is as close as you get to those principals.

When I voted for G.W. Bush, I voted for my last Neo-con!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »
I had no idea that it was a communist ideal to defend your country against terrorism and join in an international effort to shackle an out of control dictator.  I also can't remember a time when the Republican Party was anything like what I would call libertarian.  I also totally favor torture for terrorists and I mean real torture--not just water boarding.  As far as Pat Buchanan leaving the party, I guess it's easier to quit than stay and try to reform. 

Anyway, this country faces a scourge much worse than any imagined shortcomings of any of the Republican candidates and that would be Obama and his Dumycrat cohorts.  If Ron Paul is the one who can save us from the commies, then so be it, but I'll settle for any of the Republicans over the obomunists.
Swingem

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:11:05 AM »
Anyway, this country faces a scourge much worse than any imagined shortcomings of any of the Republican candidates and that would be ....
putting another Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney in office.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:21:45 AM »
Why I support Ron Paul:

This is a battle between liberty and freedom vs. empire. One ideology is always in direct conflict with the other. Freedom and liberty yield economic prosperity, and quoting Jefferson, the pursuit of happiness. Empire is the parent of fear, taxation and a lower standard of living. In time, one will squash the other. The people are now the deciding factor of the path we will follow.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:57 AM »
quote]putting another Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney in office would be the best thing that could happen.
Swingem

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:59:45 AM »
What I have found is that the liberal media still controlls even so called conserative people. Half of what you hear is not true concerning Ron Paul or taken out of context. The other half is what you dont hear, they want let Paul speak, they dont interview him. When they do they cut him off and make it sound like he will ruin us. If the media is against him, back him with all you have.
Would anybody vote for the clown? 

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 05:30:02 AM »
quote]putting another Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney in office would be the best thing that could happen.
It would be the best thing that could happen if you owned oil wells or a tombstone or prosthetic limb factory.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 06:11:39 AM »
The only difference between Bush and the current idiot is that the current idiot claims to be black otherwise I dont see a whole lot that is different
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 06:25:43 AM »
MAGOOCH. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 09:12:56 AM »
  I also can't remember a time when the Republican Party was anything like what I would call libertarian.

I CAN!!!!!!!!!!
But then I can remember when a liberal president said "Ask NOT what your country can do for you! Ask what YOU can do for your country!" For which the liberals of today would hang him!
That's how much we have changed! What used to be considered liberalism is now conservatism and what was once considered conservatism is now considered to be libertarianism!
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
I had no idea that it was a communist ideal to defend your country against terrorism and join in an international effort to shackle an out of control dictator.  I also can't remember a time when the Republican Party was anything like what I would call libertarian.  I also totally favor torture for terrorists and I mean real torture--not just water boarding.  As far as Pat Buchanan leaving the party, I guess it's easier to quit than stay and try to reform. 

Anyway, this country faces a scourge much worse than any imagined shortcomings of any of the Republican candidates and that would be Obama and his Dumycrat cohorts.  If Ron Paul is the one who can save us from the commies, then so be it, but I'll settle for any of the Republicans over the obomunists.

Settling for less has what has brought us to this point.
If we had been defending the country and it's borders during the GW adm. 911 wouldn't have happened.
We didn't join an international effort to control a dictator! We strong armed other nations to align themselves with us to invade a nation that posed no threat to us.Some wouldn't go along with it, and they were branded cowards or traitors for not following our lead.

I'm not sure of your age, but if you cannot remember the Libertarian views of the Republican party of old, then you must be a young-un. Senator Barry Goldwater was a Libertarian Republican that ran for the office of President and came close to winning it.He was probably the last good republican candidate leading up to Paul.

We should be afraid of anyone that advocates torture......................For any reason.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:02 AM »
I'm still supporting Ron Paul, even if there are a few racist moonbats that like him... kind of like Obama no doubt has some racist moonbats that like him. All kinds...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 01:12:05 AM »
I had no idea that it was a communist ideal to defend your country against terrorism and join in an international effort to shackle an out of control dictator.

So by this you mean 80% funding and effort from the US and roughly 20% participation from NATO in wars to reign in out of control dictators that pose no threat to our country? 

I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 03:53:47 AM »
I did not specify "dictators who pose no threat to our country"; that was someone else's version.  I said what I meant and meant what I said.

Swingem

Offline Singleshotsam

• I.T. Professional
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:23 AM »

Posted by: magooch« on: January 03, 2012, 08:55:49 AM » 
  • Insert Quote
"I had no idea that it was a communist ideal to defend your country against terrorism and join in an international effort to shackle an out of control dictator." 

OK, so which out of control dictators are you refering to? 
I'm voting 3rd party in this election by writing in Jesus Christ for president.  Sadly even if this were an option most of you would still vote Republican because "It's a two party system."