Author Topic: Ran out of internal windage adj.,HELP  (Read 441 times)

Offline Rudy Wehner

• Trade Count: (0)
Ran out of internal windage adj.,HELP
« on: January 23, 2004, 08:53:49 AM »
Hello fellow members,
                                 My first post and I need help.I just replaced a Bushnell 3200 Elite 3x9x40 with a Elite 4200 6x24x40......used the same mounts which are Brookies CZ adaptors and Burris Zee Signature on a 452AmericanCZ. My problem is that my point of impact is 3" Right with ALL of the left windage (internal) used up.....I know I can shim the elevation if I have to but what can I do about the windage? I will appreciate all suggestions,thanks....Rudy

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 09:39:38 AM »
If you are using Burris Signature rings as stated just buy the offset insert kit and it will bring you right to zero. That's the reason for using Signature rings.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Rudy Wehner

Offset inserts
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
Thanks graybeard,
                          I knew this was a dumb question!  I am already using the offset rings,but did'nt read the instructions. I have been using them on the top and bottom of the rings.... never occurred to me to use them on an angle(like the pictures in the instructions show) Thanks for setting me on the right trail.... :grin:    Rudy

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 02:57:06 PM »
Nope not really a dumb question. Use of those offset inserts is not necessarily intuitive. Ya gotta read those instructions carefully the first few times. Make sure to always use a plus and minus of same value as a pair in a ring. Can use them in both rings if needed or only in one ring depending on how far off you are. Just be sure to point the fat side as directed on the instruction sheet. It is just opposite at rear ring as front ring to get the same effect.

GB

Offline Robert

No wonder why I like this site..
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 04:01:49 PM »
Does anybody know of a manufacturer that has such readily available support data as here?
....make it count